PBEM ++ problem, my turn but no way to play (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Tech Support

Belphegor -> PBEM ++ problem, my turn but no way to play (9/3/2012 9:27:03 PM)

Ready to get a game going. Game challenge accepted (perhaps not all the way through?). So it's my turn and I got the email notice. I log in, download the game, then the only option is to upload. I've done this 3 times now, each time the number of reports goes up by one, but I never get any other choice but to upload (see screenshot).

What are we doing wrong? or, is our game corrupt?

[image]local://upfiles/11973/8D0FE9F19C524BD889C7419073A630DC.jpg[/image]

Vic -> RE: PBEM ++ problem, my turn but no way to play (9/4/2012 11:03:41 AM)

Ok based on deduction what I think might be the case is that the pbem server is more forgiving in spelling mistakes as my code. So you get the game sent by the server, but my game doesnt think its you.

Your PBEM username as set in the 'editobj.txt' file in the same directory as the exe has either capitols or a trailing space. If this is the case...

2 solutions:

1. Change your name on the line with your name in this editobj.txt file and make sure its all lower case and no trailing spaces.

2. Remove and reinstall the game completely and when entering your pbem info make sure you use no capitols and no tralining spaces or enters.

---

let me know if this works.

i am going to implement auto-checks for this mistake in the code for v1.03 of the game if this was what happened.

best,
Vic

Belphegor -> RE: PBEM ++ problem, my turn but no way to play (9/4/2012 9:58:52 PM)

Good call!

1. worked, edited the file, removed the capital

Thanks very much

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.171875E-02