Newbie Question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition

Alan Sharif -> Newbie Question (9/2/2012 8:53:42 PM)

OK, I am not exactly a newbie but I have recently tried to get a little more adventurous with my warfare. What I tried to do was carry an army, on a fleet, from Greece to invade Sciliy. Getting the army on and off the fleet is simple but the army, once ashore, are out of supply, ( I believe), and the expected siege did not happen. Am I missing something?

terje439 -> RE: Newbie Question (10/6/2012 10:12:00 PM)

Sorry for not seing this earlier.
You need to run a supply chain from a supply base on the mainland out into the sea areas. You build them just like you do on land.
The siege did not occur due to the lack of supply.

Terje

Fluffer -> RE: Newbie Question (11/2/2012 8:38:06 PM)

You don't need supply to siege.
I was able to siege sicily with 2 infantry and 2 artillery with the engineer upgrade(it triples siege strength) without any supply. It had a garrison of a militia, infantry and lt cav.

I think your problem is that sicily, calabria and naples build regional bonus units of 2 inf, 1 lt cav and 1 irr cav per year. So sicily probably had a big garrison and your siege strength wasn't enough to pass the siege check. So you didn't see the "siege in palmero" message at the beginning of the turn, you were expecting. But, even if the siege strength check fails your still killing a few hundred men through starvation.

Look at the event or battle report. Hit F!(help) and look at the section on sieges.

Fluffer -> RE: Newbie Question (11/2/2012 11:33:28 PM)

It was an amphib invasion, not by land.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI