Attack On Pearl Harbor by Zimm (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

tocaff -> Attack On Pearl Harbor by Zimm (9/1/2012 8:12:26 PM)

I recently finished reading Attack On Pearl Harbor Strategy, Combat, Myths Deceptions by Alan D Zimm.

I found it very interesting early on though dry and later very repetitive. It did present many interesting details and thoughts that left me rethinking much of what I thought I knew about the attack. Was the plan that lousy and did things just come together for the Japanese to reach their tactical objective?

Anyone else read this?

pompack -> RE: Attack On Pearl Harbor by Zimm (9/1/2012 11:46:59 PM)

Still looks good though, I have put it on my wish list for later

Thanks for the tip

John 3rd -> RE: Attack On Pearl Harbor by Zimm (9/2/2012 2:27:11 AM)

It was interesting. Don't think it is very popular with the Forum. I thought his attack on the organization and execution of the attack was pretty fascinating.

warspite1 -> RE: Attack On Pearl Harbor by Zimm (9/2/2012 8:15:01 AM)

I may be wrong, but wasn't this the book that sparked a somewhat heated debate between Nikademus and the author himself a few months back?

sandman455 -> RE: Attack On Pearl Harbor by Zimm (9/2/2012 8:51:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

I may be wrong, but wasn't this the book that sparked a somewhat heated debate between Nikademus and the author himself a few months back?

Yup - here's the thread which turns out to be entertaining at least

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2812929

tocaff -> RE: Attack On Pearl Harbor by Zimm (9/2/2012 7:57:34 PM)

The point isn't if you tend to agree or not, just that it does (or should) make you think. Imagine the luck needed to catch just about everything in your favor so that your mistakes don't matter.

Mr. Zimm repeatedly pointed out that the Japanese suffered from a lack of flexibility in their planning throughout the war. Even we gamers know that that's a recipe for disaster.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.367188E-02