Anxiously Waiting To Purchase (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room

StarLab -> Anxiously Waiting To Purchase (8/27/2012 7:14:41 PM)

Greetings Everyone!

I thought I would join the forums and drop a line while my ship refuels. (...waiting for a money transfer to complete so I can buy the game...) [;)]

I was recently exposed to Distant Worlds (vanilla) at a friends house and found myself immediately intrigued. I love 4X space games and was surprised I'd never even heard of this one. Although, I do tend to lean more toward turn-based than real time. With DW being pausable, it seems to land at a nice comfy place between the two.

I've been checking out some youtube vids and forums posts and see TONS of new and improved stuff in the later expansions and recent patches. For that reason alone, I'll be grabbing the entire series. Luckily, it's on sale right now. [:)]

What I need to know right now is... How addictive is this game? Do I need to book a vacation or outright quit my job? Will my life ever be mine again? Will family members send search parties? Will my landlord accept Caslon Gas as rent payment?

Anyway, I look forward to hanging out here... [:)] Now.. if this money transfer would hurry up and complete I'd be a happy camper!

Panpiper -> RE: Anxiously Waiting To Purchase (8/27/2012 7:27:24 PM)

I think quitting your job might be a bit extreme. I too am a computer game junkie from way back and the only game I ever needed to actually quit my job for was Civilization. (In fact I was working in a game store, so I didn't actually quit, I just sold lots of Civilization.) I would suggest a vacation though.

StarLab -> RE: Anxiously Waiting To Purchase (8/27/2012 7:48:12 PM)

Hehe... I'm also a Civ fan(atic). I once looked up after finishing a long game to find I'd been divorced at some point. [;)]

Sooo... quitting the job is only "a bit" extreme... In my mind, that's acceptable!

That's a +1 for the job quitting at this point! lol

ehsumrell1 -> RE: Anxiously Waiting To Purchase (8/27/2012 8:39:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: StarLab

What I need to know right now is... How addictive is this game? Do I need to book a vacation or outright quit my job? Will my life ever be mine again? Will family members send search parties? Will my landlord accept Caslon Gas as rent payment?

Anyway, I look forward to hanging out here... [:)] Now.. if this money transfer would hurry up and complete I'd be a happy camper!

Hello StarLab and welcome to the DW Forums and the game! [:)]

I have some suggestions for you:
1. If you have them, take a few sick days so you can learn the game (Kiadian Flu worked for me!).
2. Since you are buying the entire DW series, NO, life as you knew it before is over.
(You'll know this when you start talking in your sleep about how the Shakturi is kicking your butt)
3. Family members will only find you if your ship designs don't contain 'Scanner Jammers'.
4. I doubt your landlord will even KNOW what Caslon Gas is.
(Unless his name is 'DATA', then either 'Vintage Romulan Ale' or the coordinates of an unguarded Cargo Bay containing some will suffice.)

Again...Welcome! [:D]

[image]local://upfiles/35889/227A0C9845F84F51B3BDB821EB55B288.jpg[/image] <--- BEWARE OF THIS FELLA'

StarLab -> RE: Anxiously Waiting To Purchase (8/27/2012 8:49:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1

Hello StarLab and welcome to the DW Forums and the game! [:)]

I have some suggestions for you:
1. If you have them, take a few sick days so you can learn the game (Kiadian Flu worked for me!).
2. Since you are buying the entire DW series, NO, life as you knew it before is over.
(You'll know this when you start talking in your sleep about how the Shakturi is kicking your butt)
3. Family members will only find you if your ship designs don't contain 'Scanner Jammers'.
4. I doubt your landlord will even KNOW what Caslon Gas is.
(Unless his name is 'DATA', then either 'Vintage Romulan Ale' or the coordinates of an unguarded Cargo Bay containing some will suffice.)

Again...Welcome! [:D]

Alrighty then! Still have some hours before the money transfer is complete. Guess I'll use the time to say good-bye to loved ones. lol

Thanks for the welcome. :)

StarLab -> RE: Anxiously Waiting To Purchase (8/28/2012 10:35:57 PM)

Okay! Money transfer is complete, and the game is purchased! :)

Got both the expansions which flew in within minutes.

Sigh... however, the base game is going to be another 5 hours downloading at the current rate. Whaaaa!

Oh well, might go watch another of DAS's let's play while I wait. Likely pick up a few more pointers before diving into gameplay.

I predict a late night! :)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.148438E-02