Editor ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Mods and Scenarios

kirk23 -> Editor ? (8/25/2012 7:55:39 AM)

Hi I don't own this game yet but I'm seriously considering buying,my question is this Case Blue has an editor,but Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris does not,as they are both made by the same Company for a series of games,is the editor in Case Blue backward compatible,can I use it to edit Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris ?

**budd** -> RE: Editor ? (8/25/2012 8:32:48 AM)

DC1 has an editor now, was included in the latest patch. see here http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3151227

kirk23 -> RE: Editor ? (8/25/2012 8:39:46 AM)

Thanks for swift reply,I really like the look of these games,I bought WITE but I think I prefer this game,and it's half the price of WITE,what do you think of this series of games?

I forgot that I have the original Advanced Tactics game in my collection,but it's not installed on my PC,is it worth buying the Gold version or for the same price buy Case Blue ?

Keunert -> RE: Editor ? (8/25/2012 9:20:38 AM)

easy to learn, hard to master
was Flaviusx description and it fits the game very well.

A lot of depth, a great UI and a good replay value. plus a hard to master but i guess really mighty editor.
should guarantee for more scenarios. the guys already did some great map/unit mods.

kirk23 -> RE: Editor ? (8/25/2012 9:26:12 AM)

Thanks I think I will buy soon,but if you see my earlier edited post,I own Advanced tactics but to be honest I totally forgot about it,I have now installed it on my PC and updated it,still swithering wether I should buy the Gold version,or just buy Case Blue decisions decisions?

**budd** -> RE: Editor ? (8/25/2012 9:31:13 AM)

I'm a bit of an operational lightweight. WITE is a little to intimidating to me [not to mention the time suck]at the moment. I'm hoping to work my way up to the large scenarios and games. I'm a big fan of this game[have only played the smaller scenarios] It feels more approachable to me and since i've played Advanced Tactics a bit I'm used to the UI as they as similar. I really like the card system and the fact you can use free setup to try different approaches to a scenario. To me it is just a well thought out system that is approachable with alot going on under the hood and most importantly it is fun....isn't that one of the main reasons we play. Also the fact that the developer is active on the forums and is always considerate of others input is another plus for the games.

If you haven't already, I'd read some AAR's in this forum and the DC1 forum. That always helps me make up my mind. If you do decide to get the game be sure to check out the excellent mods that have been produced.

**budd** -> RE: Editor ? (8/25/2012 9:36:06 AM)

I own ATG as well as DC1 and DC2 and I will most probably buy whatever Vic puts outs. But what i need is more time, not more games[:D].

kirk23 -> RE: Editor ? (8/25/2012 10:23:03 AM)

Thanks for all the feedback,I have been over at the Advanced Tatics Gold forum,and it looks very interesting,I think I will get the gold version,then get Case Blue etc,looks like all the forums have life about them which is always a good sign,that a game is popular and is usually getting upgraded and patched when needed,I like after sales service which I believe these games are getting cheers.[:)]

parusski -> RE: Editor ? (8/25/2012 12:33:12 PM)

Loads of fun. It is intuitive(for the most part), but you will learn whether you are a Army Group/Front commander or just a wannabe. I own and have enjoyed millions of hour of WitE, but it is a giant, whereas DC's are much more manageable. Buy it, no reason not to.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI