OT: A Mitsubishi Zero for you modelling types..... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Reg -> OT: A Mitsubishi Zero for you modelling types..... (8/24/2012 12:23:21 PM)

I ran across this the other night. Very impressive with a 750mm (30in) wingspan.

[image]local://upfiles/446/9471B0F0E96143D5AC1EC694AFD4733A.jpg[/image]

And yes, the model is made of Aluminum.......

DeAgostini Modelspace Website

Official Zero Build Diary

Completed Model Images

Fallschirmjager -> RE: OT: A Mitsubishi Zero for you modelling types..... (8/24/2012 9:51:20 PM)

Those are gorgeous too bad they just have JFB stuff. If they had a North Carolina for P-47 I would be all over that even given the cost.

Chickenboy -> RE: OT: A Mitsubishi Zero for you modelling types..... (8/24/2012 10:01:01 PM)

Flawless. Magnificent worksmanship...

wdolson -> RE: OT: A Mitsubishi Zero for you modelling types..... (8/24/2012 11:44:10 PM)

A bit pricey, but very nice. If you want a super detailed kit at a more affordable price:

http://sparforums.com/ipb/index.php?/topic/91-sws-04-p-51d-mustang-test-shot-images-here-picture-heavy/
http://www.volksusa.com/sws04mustang.html

I have the Shinden, Ta-152, and the P-51. All amazing kits. The He-219 is coming next:

http://sparforums.com/ipb/index.php?/topic/130-132-heinkel-he-219-more-exclusive-images/

Bill

Reg -> RE: OT: A Mitsubishi Zero for you modelling types..... (8/25/2012 1:50:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager

Those are gorgeous too bad they just have JFB stuff. If they had a North Carolina for P-47 I would be all over that even given the cost.

Apparently it is a Japanese kit that DeAgostini are importing into Europe, hence the Japanese completed model websites (there are a few if you look).

I was just blown away by the fact it is made of laser cut metal rather than the wooden frames used by DeAgostini's other offerings such as a 1/12 Spitfire and the 1/32 Lancaster.

Fallschirmjager -> RE: OT: A Mitsubishi Zero for you modelling types..... (8/25/2012 2:05:55 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reg

quote:

Apparently it is a Japanese kit that DeAgostini are importing into Europe, hence the Japanese completed model websites (there are a few if you look).

I was just blown away by the fact it is made of laser cut metal rather than the wooden frames used by DeAgostini's other offerings such as a 1/12 Spitfire and the 1/32 Lancaster.

Yeah, I am not taking anything away from there. They are gorgeous models. That HMS Surprise is something I would like to have.
But I just wish they had more variety.

If they had a USS North Carolina I would with no exaggeration pay the prices they have listed on their site.
Those would be gorgeous show pieces for a library or study.

Reg -> RE: OT: A Mitsubishi Zero for you modelling types..... (8/25/2012 8:30:45 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reg

quote:

Yeah, I am not taking anything away from there. They are gorgeous models. That HMS Surprise is something I would like to have.
But I just wish they had more variety.

If they had a USS North Carolina I would with no exaggeration pay the prices they have listen on their site.
Those would be gorgeous show pieces for a library or study.

The sailing ships including the HMS Surprise are kits by Artesania Latina http://www.artesanialatina.net (I hope you speak Spanish) and you should be able to pick them up from your local hobby shop for cheaper than DeAgostini.

However, DeAgostini breaks down the rather steep kit upfront cost into a 2 year payment plan and provides things like tools and detailed instructions (either e-mail or printed magazine) all designed to assist a new modeller into the hobby. Costs more in the long run but it would depend on your confidence and/or experience levels to determine which is the better way to go.

The Japanese ship kits seem to be by a Japanese company called Woody Joe http://www.woodyjoe.com/ (Yamato is priced at 78,000Yen/$990USD) so you would probably find it a bit more difficult to find these locally. This would also explain the JFB bias......

Mac Linehan -> RE: OT: A Mitsubishi Zero for you modelling types..... (8/25/2012 9:17:03 PM)

Reg -

What a beautifully detailed representation of the A6M series.

Thank You for posting, I saved the image for future appreciation.

Mac

Apollo11 -> RE: OT: A Mitsubishi Zero for you modelling types..... (9/2/2012 3:44:50 PM)

Hi all,

Very very very nice!!! [:)]

Leo "Apollo11"

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.929688E-02