Got a question for modders like redmarcus and Ritterkreig... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Mods and Scenarios

GBS -> Got a question for modders like redmarcus and Ritterkreig... (8/20/2012 8:24:45 PM)

I'm not as savy as most on these boards but I can't figure out how to make use of the JSGME thingy. I downloaded it and I see it on my desk top....I can open it but there is nothing there...I made a MODS file in the game directory and I extracted redmarcus's mod into it as instructed....but where do I go from here?
I really want to use Ritterkreigs mod with the new unit colors etc. I hate to ask this but can you give me some step by step directions on where this JSGME thing goes and how to access these mods? Is there a way to just update the modded files directly like in other games?
Thanks.

redmarkus4 -> RE: Got a question for modders like redmarcus and Ritterkreig... (8/20/2012 9:09:29 PM)

OK, here you go.

1. Delete whatever you did so far and make sure that the game is completely closed down - the graphics are loaded when the game starts, so if you activate a mod while the game is running, you won't see any changes.
2. Now put the JSGME installer INSIDE your main game folder, where the game .exe file lives, THEN run the JSGME setup.
3. Now dbl click the JSGME application .exe to run JSGME once - it should create your MODS folder for you. Leave it running or close it down - it matters not.
4. Unzip the Ritterkrieg mod somewhere, like in a folder on your desktop. Take a look inside. It's likely you will see something like Ritterkrieg/Ritterkrieg/graphics/etc.
5. For ANY JSGME-ready Mod, you only want that second level folder plus everything inside it. So, copy Riterkrieg/graphics/etc. and forget about the top level folder, if there is one.
6. Paste it into the MODS folder that JSGME created for you so that you have a folder that looks like MODS/Ritterkrieg/graphics/etc.
7. Now run or look at JSGME again. On the left you should see one Mod listed with the name Ritterkrieg or whatever the downloaded folder was called.
8. Click on that mod on the left.
9. Click on the activate arrow/button in the middle of the JSGME screen.
10. Wait while the mod activates.
11. When it's done, run the game and hopefully you will see the new graphics.

Post back here to let us know what happened!

GBS -> RE: Got a question for modders like redmarcus and Ritterkreig... (8/21/2012 11:30:49 AM)

Thanks this was easy to follow. I have JSGME working. The only mod I have tried is Ritterkreig's...it activated fine but no change in the game graphics. Any ideas? I will try some other mods.

Should the unit mods such as Ritterkreigs apply to all scenarios?

redmarkus4 -> RE: Got a question for modders like redmarcus and Ritterkreig... (8/21/2012 12:09:02 PM)

You need to run the Ritterkrieg scenario to see a number of his changes. Try that and if it still doesn't work, I suggest you chat to him.

Did you close the game before activating the Mod via JSGME? Completely slose it down? The NATO graphics are loaded at start up - game start not scenario start.

My PanzerKrieg Mod has many of the Ritterkrieg changes (not yet updated to his latest version) and they apply to all of the modded PzKrg scenarios that come with the mod. However, my mod primarily gives you the board game map, which you might not want.

GBS -> RE: Got a question for modders like redmarcus and Ritterkreig... (8/21/2012 5:41:49 PM)

Your game board look is the one I want. I have done everything you say and no change.....way to much green

redmarkus4 -> RE: Got a question for modders like redmarcus and Ritterkreig... (8/22/2012 6:49:50 PM)

Sorry, but if you have followed the steps I outlined (there are also screenshot examples on the Panzerkrieg threads) it would be working. I know that a number of people are using it with no problem based on the same process.

Not sure what else I can tell you other than try again, step by step.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI