Night accuracy (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich

PizzaDeOveja -> Night accuracy (8/15/2012 8:11:09 PM)

Hi there guys...
Im currently in turn 12 of my glorious '44 campaing and Im wondering when the reported accuracy of the night bombers will be achieved. Last timed I tried bombing a rail it didnt do any damage, just city damage. I havent tried but Im guessing hiting a factory or something will produce little damage if at all.
Have you tried that???

7th Somersets -> RE: Night accuracy (8/16/2012 2:00:25 PM)

I get very mixed results too. Sometimes I have hit the target with reasonable results (I have never had anything over 50% destruction) - but if you pick targets in urban areas, as you say, if you miss you cause some terror damage.

kaleun -> RE: Night accuracy (8/17/2012 5:22:34 PM)

It depends on many factors, moon, weather, experience of leading group, presence or absence of HS2 radar, oboe if in oboe range.
I find that sometimes even factory targets are destroyed completely, sometimes you are lucky if one group bombs on target. More or less as it really happened.
I like to plan my raids taking into account creepback (as was done historically)
It helps if the target is on the shore, or has a significant river or lake nearby as HS2 radar was good at detecting water. (Again quite accurately simulated)

PizzaDeOveja -> RE: Night accuracy (8/19/2012 2:49:32 PM)

Ho does moon work??? 100 means there is full moon an thus my glorious air fleets will be discovered roaming above Germany with great ease??

Denniss -> RE: Night accuracy (8/19/2012 3:31:45 PM)

Yes, basically.

RichSpeck -> RE: Night accuracy (8/19/2012 3:42:14 PM)

ALL the things kaleun mentions come into play and even then some randomness is involved. The simple fact is that moonlight and weather conditions that favor your success also favor night interceptors' success. Careful use of ECM aircraft will reduce interceptors' effectiveness, but otherwise you have to just suck it up and accept some losses in return for good bombing results.

7th Somersets -> RE: Night accuracy (8/19/2012 4:24:59 PM)

"Ho does moon work??? 100 means there is full moon an thus my glorious air fleets will be discovered roaming above Germany with great ease??"

See the replies to my post on Moonlight.

PizzaDeOveja -> RE: Night accuracy (8/19/2012 6:34:00 PM)

Xcellent tip 7th...[:)]
I'm starting to think that all is randomized so much that in the end it doesn't matter much what you do unless it being doing it very wrong like bombing a target full of AA with level bombers at low altitude in daylight. I'll continue testing...

PizzaDeOveja -> RE: Night accuracy (8/20/2012 11:03:50 AM)

just bombed almost in full moon (25) and those guys mostly couldnt see me so great so far.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI