Import a ATG map/scen into DC2 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Mods and Scenarios

bwheatley -> Import a ATG map/scen into DC2 (8/11/2012 7:22:52 PM)

Vic
do you have any magic way to do this? when i try to load up the at2 file in dc2 it tells me to piss off and says the game has to close. :)

Just trying to see if there is an easy way to import my giant europe map i was working on for ATG.

redmarkus4 -> RE: Import a ATG map/scen into DC2 (8/11/2012 9:29:51 PM)

Send me a link to the file and I'll play around a bit

bwheatley -> RE: Import a ATG map/scen into DC2 (8/12/2012 6:41:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: redmarkus4

Send me a link to the file and I'll play around a bit

Oh weird i wonder if there is something i'm missing with getting it to import? I mean it makes sense that it wouldn't work since atg & dc2 have similar but different datastructures. didn't know if there was a way to export though. It's my War In Europe map i've been workign on.

bwheatley -> RE: Import a ATG map/scen into DC2 (8/14/2012 2:26:18 AM)

Guess it just wont work eh?

bwheatley -> RE: Import a ATG map/scen into DC2 (8/16/2012 11:03:02 PM)

duh forgot about the "import map" function..for anyone else who wonders it's in settings > on the left IMPORT & other settings.

bwheatley -> RE: Import a ATG map/scen into DC2 (8/16/2012 11:03:55 PM)

but that still won't important a map from ATG oh well.

redmarkus4 -> RE: Import a ATG map/scen into DC2 (8/17/2012 10:47:48 AM)

Did you try changing the source file extension to *.dc2?

bwheatley -> RE: Import a ATG map/scen into DC2 (8/19/2012 6:44:37 AM)

quote:

Did you try changing the source file extension to *.dc2?

Yea it still says it can't and says the game has to close now. :) Just need vic to write an export map function for dc/at that would segregate the map data structure from the rest of the master file.

redmarkus4 -> RE: Import a ATG map/scen into DC2 (8/19/2012 8:58:45 AM)

OK.. You know that you can import a JPEG as an overlay and then draw over that in the Editor? So, worst case, if you can save a screenshot of your entire Europe map, or stitch one together, you can re-create it in DC2 with relative ease.

bwheatley -> RE: Import a ATG map/scen into DC2 (8/19/2012 9:08:44 PM)

HAHAHAHAHA Red i love you man.

The map
is giant it was originally 250x250. :)

It took me weeks and weeks to do. You so crazy <3

redmarkus4 -> RE: Import a ATG map/scen into DC2 (8/19/2012 10:34:16 PM)

Well, I haven't seen it so I have no idea how big it is or what's on it, but tracing over a previously designed map is never going to be nearly as hard as designing on in the first place.

Unless you have dozens of landscape types, you can use the Fill feature to draw the whole map as plains or fields, etc. then draw the coasts and 'fill' in the rest of the water hexes. Major mountain areas are the same - draw the outline and fill the rest.

I didn't say it would be 'easy', but that it would be 'relatively easy' compared to drawing the thing over from scratch.

bwheatley -> RE: Import a ATG map/scen into DC2 (8/22/2012 10:46:52 PM)

quote:

Well, I haven't seen it so I have no idea how big it is or what's on it, but tracing over a previously designed map is never going to be nearly as hard as designing on in the first place.

Unless you have dozens of landscape types, you can use the Fill feature to draw the whole map as plains or fields, etc. then draw the coasts and 'fill' in the rest of the water hexes. Major mountain areas are the same - draw the outline and fill the rest.

I didn't say it would be 'easy', but that it would be 'relatively easy' compared to drawing the thing over from scratch.

I'll just abandon it until vic adds the ability to import/export MAPS between AT/DC series. :)

I mean the maps online if you want to do it by all means be my guest. :)

bwheatley -> RE: Import a ATG map/scen into DC2 (8/26/2012 10:56:03 PM)

This is the map i'd like to import into DC2 from ATG [image]http://wac.3aff.edgecastcdn.net/803AFF/witewiki/billfiles/games/atg/images/WiE/fullmap.png[/image]

aspqrz -> RE: Import a ATG map/scen into DC2 (8/27/2012 1:30:41 AM)

Nice! [&o]

Here's hoping there's a way! [:)]

Phil

aspqrz -> RE: Import a ATG map/scen into DC2 (8/27/2012 1:31:18 AM)

<delete double post>

redmarkus4 -> RE: Import a ATG map/scen into DC2 (8/27/2012 11:24:42 AM)

Hell of a map! Is there an OOB and so forth to go with it? I'm sure Vic is going to help you solve this!

bwheatley -> RE: Import a ATG map/scen into DC2 (8/27/2012 5:39:05 PM)

quote:

Hell of a map! Is there an OOB and so forth to go with it? I'm sure Vic is going to help you solve this!

Are the units.
[image]http://witewiki.com/billfiles/games/atg/images/WiE/units.png[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02