deducter -> Grand Campaign Unit Revisions (Update to v1.11.1, Mar 4 2013) (8/8/2012 1:42:31 PM)
March 4, 2013
Updated to v1.11.1, including GC45West!
This mod adjusts the unit stats for the released Panzer Corps Grand Campaigns 1939-1945. My intention is to make the units more balanced, historically accurate, and interesting, so that all units can serve a useful role in the player’s core.
For more information, please consult the detailed manual included in the zip file. It should answer almost any question you may have about the hundreds of changes in this mod.
Grand Campaign Unit Revisions revises the equipment and rules files for the Panzer Corps Grand Campaigns (GCs), also known as the DLCs. Almost every single unit in the game has been adjusted. This mod is designed to find a balance between gameplay and historical accuracy in to order to make the GCs a more challenging and realistic simulation of the German perspective of the Second World War.
• Almost every unit has been adjusted for historical accuracy and gameplay balance.
• Almost every unit has more distinctive strengths and weaknesses.
• Many more German units are now viable to keep in the player’s core.
• Experienced infantry are significantly better than green infantry.
• Infantry is less fragile in 1943-1945.
• Medium tanks and tank destroyers are much more useful during 1943-1945.
• Advanced weapons, such as the Tiger tank and Me 262, are still very powerful, but now no longer save prestige.
• Certain units, such as the Panzer IV, are reduced in price in 1943 and 1944 to reflect increased German armament production.
• Tougher Red Army, especially during 1943-1945.
• Tougher American and British forces, especially their air units.
• Battles in 1943-1945 are significantly more challenging, but should feel more historically accurate.
Both core choice and battlefield tactics are vital to success for all years of the war. The player is rewarded for using a balanced core of infantry, armor, artillery, and air units. However, the player will have more options within each unit family to build his core. It should not be immediately obvious which unit is the best choice, rather, each unit has its strengths and weaknesses. The pace of the growth of the player’s core strength is also slower.
Because of the lower average core strength, tactical skill is much more important in 1943 and beyond. The successful player will pay close attention to terrain and the type and quality of enemy forces encountered. It is also assumed that he is familiar with all game mechanics, such as mass attack and retreat/surrender rules.
The difficulty the GCs increases moderately in 1939-1942 and significantly in 1943-1945. However, a player who considers himself average will still have ample resources on General difficulty. An expert player can play at a higher difficulty for an appropriate challenge.
The main discussion thread is at the Slitherine forums:
Download the attachment and unzip it.
Copy the “DLC” folder into the Panzer Corps base directory and override all
files when prompted.
To install the softcore option, copy the contents of the “softcore” folder into the base Panzer
Corps directory and override all files when prompted.
To uninstall this mod, copy the contents of the “uninstall” into the Panzer Corps base directory
and override all files when prompted.
All constructive feedback and comments welcomed!