Don to the Danube (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

Bismarck -> Don to the Danube (8/3/2012 7:02:25 PM)

My review:

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/gary-grigsbys-war-in-the-east-don-to-the-danube-pc-game-review.htm

hfarrish -> RE: Don to the Danube (8/3/2012 8:52:06 PM)

Does Don to the Danube really have two week turns?

elmo3 -> RE: Don to the Danube (8/4/2012 1:37:41 AM)

Turns are one week as in the original game.

rrbill -> RE: Don to the Danube (8/4/2012 12:19:11 PM)

Easy to read and agree with. Simple error on 2-week turns/1-week turns doesn't change findings. Must say that fans of WitE can accept and may apreciate the details, but there are many gamers out there that might want a simpler interface and quicker play.

Mac Linehan -> RE: Don to the Danube (8/5/2012 9:07:38 PM)

Bismark -

Thank You for the link to your review. It confirmed my desire to purchase the Don to the Danube expansion.

While I am still very much addicted to WitP AE, I am beginning to allot time to learn or play other games. WitE is at the top of the list. Bought it last Christmas, read the rules - then on hold because of AE.

Am off for a few days, so currently rereading the rules and hope to play today.

While very detailed in it's own way, WitE's one week turns are a nice change of pace from the AE highly detailed one day turns (which I thoroughly enjoy... <grin>).

Your review was well written and informative, Sir!

Mac

hfarrish -> RE: Don to the Danube (8/5/2012 9:09:39 PM)

Just to be clear, I wasn't trying to nitpick the author - just clarifying an important point. One week turns on an IGOUGO system are hard enough, two week turns would be impossible!!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.901245E-02