OT Forum Pop Up Advertising (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Itdepends -> OT Forum Pop Up Advertising (7/31/2012 11:23:37 AM)

Whats with the pop up ads to "claim an Ipad" visa or similar. Ruddy annoying because it's a suck you in an get you to suscribe to a service where you have expensive messages sent to your mobile for the priveledge of your chance to win.

Given the profile of the people that visit this forum bet their uptake rate is low [8D]

Bill Durrant -> RE: OT Forum Pop Up Advertising (7/31/2012 11:27:46 AM)

Doesn't happen to me and I'd be surprised if Matrix allowed it. Sounds as though you might have something on your computer that needs removing. Try some anti-virus and anti malware programmes. Lots around for free.

Shark7 -> RE: OT Forum Pop Up Advertising (7/31/2012 3:04:21 PM)

Yep, you got a virus or adware most likely. A updated virus scanner or anti-malware should find it.

witpqs -> RE: OT Forum Pop Up Advertising (7/31/2012 5:08:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7

Yep, you got a virus or adware most likely. A updated virus scanner or anti-malware should find it.

I agree.

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: OT Forum Pop Up Advertising (7/31/2012 7:01:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7

I agree.

There's a thread in the general forum about a user being banned for inserting spam into the forum. Don't recall the date. Maybe "Slakmann" or something similar.

Or it could be adware unrelated to the forum. But suspicious if it only shows up when visiting here.

wdolson -> RE: OT Forum Pop Up Advertising (7/31/2012 9:20:04 PM)

We've had a number of spammers sign up and start spamming forums. They can't create pop up ads, just forum posts with dodgy links. Matrix gets rid of them as quickly as possible.

I agree with everyone else here, it sounds like you have some kind of virus.

Bill

Itdepends -> RE: OT Forum Pop Up Advertising (8/1/2012 10:55:42 AM)

Found the little sucker. An ap called Yontool that highlights key words on a page that your reading and gives pop up ads when you hover your cursor over them.

Cheers for the heads up- my apologies for doubting Matrix.

Charbroiled -> RE: OT Forum Pop Up Advertising (8/1/2012 1:51:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Itdepends

Found the little sucker. An ap called Yontool that highlights key words on a page that your reading and gives pop up ads when you hover your cursor over them.

Cheers for the heads up- my apologies for doubting Matrix.

Just don't do it again!! [:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.171875E-02