Failure to shock attack (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

erstad -> Failure to shock attack (7/28/2012 11:13:14 PM)

There's a tank unit that crosses what I believe to be a major river hexside into Kanhsien in the enclosed save,but there's no associated shock attack.

castor troy -> RE: Failure to shock attack (7/28/2012 11:15:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: erstad

There's a tank unit that crosses what I believe to be a major river hexside into Kanhsien in the enclosed save,but there's no associated shock attack.

are there already friendly troops there?

erstad -> RE: Failure to shock attack (7/29/2012 5:27:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

quote:

Nope. There's an enemy unit, no friendlies.

The enemy unit was not in good shape, and was hammered by air. I'm speculating it might not have had any undisrupted squads, which confused something into treating it if it wasn't there.

michaelm -> RE: Failure to shock attack (7/29/2012 7:18:55 AM)

The defending unit basically had no AV, and thus the attacker was unopposed.

Dan Nichols -> RE: Failure to shock attack (7/29/2012 2:38:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

quote:

Even if you have lots of troops there, if you do not control the hex side you will shock attack. I just found that out when I moved a Chinese Corps into a hex I have 4-1 AV and it still shock attacked, and every infantry squad was destroyed or disabled. [:(]

erstad -> RE: Failure to shock attack (7/29/2012 2:51:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

The defending unit basically had no AV, and thus the attacker was unopposed.

That was kind of my guess, but is that WAD? If I cross and there is a weak unit there, I shock attack and take the hex. If the unit is weaker still, I don't attack and don't take the hex. So by having fewer guys there, the Allies actually held the hex two days (one turn) longer than they would have if the garrison had been a little bit stronger.

(BTW, in this case it mattered, because that one turn allowed other allied units to cross a different hexside and trash the tank unit. If it had taken the hex on the first day, it would have been out of dodge for the next turn)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI