This would be the perfect wargame to port to Android (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series

Darrell999 -> This would be the perfect wargame to port to Android (7/28/2012 5:20:16 PM)

We need more wargames on Android. Seems to me that Advanced Tactics would be perfect, because the only other game like it on the whole Android platform is the Great Little Wargame series, and those are very cutesy with cartoon graphics.

ernieschwitz -> RE: This would be the perfect wargame to port to Android (7/28/2012 6:51:05 PM)

They sortof already did that, with the Small General game you can get to android. Vic, who programmed ATG, also programmed it.

Darrell999 -> RE: This would be the perfect wargame to port to Android (7/28/2012 9:27:17 PM)

Hey, thanks!

Tried out the demo, and it's a fun little game,but from what I can tell, it's entirely tactical, not strategic, and there appears to be no way to save the games. What I really liked about Advanced Tactics (beside the scenario editor) is that it reminded me of an old game from the '90s called "Empire: Wargame of the Century"

(I tried to post a link with an image, but the forum wouldn't let me--but you could google it...) [:(]

Advanced Tactics reminded me of this, because the cities had production, making much more of a grand-strategic type of game.

Vic, if you happen to read this, please consider making it! [:)]

Vic -> RE: This would be the perfect wargame to port to Android (7/31/2012 5:14:14 PM)

@Darrell,

Yeah actually for a big part Empire has been the inspiration for AT :)

Evil Koala -> RE: This would be the perfect wargame to port to Android (9/10/2012 3:08:54 AM)

Just thought I'd throw in a +1 to this. It would be amazing to be able to play my ATG multiplayer dropbox games via my android tablet.

For now, due to the lack of any strategy games with depth on Android, I've turned to DOS classics like V for Victory, World at War - Operation Crusader, The Third Reich, etc running on DOSBOX Turbo.

mkjhartmann -> RE: This would be the perfect wargame to port to Android (9/13/2012 10:21:08 PM)

Actually I installed Splashtop 2 on my gaming machine, and the client on 10.1 inch Samsung tablet, and now I play DC on the tablet while snuggled next to the wife. Very comfy feeling.

Super easy to set up. Buy the client in the play store and install. Download the free server component on your computer and set up, which takes about 2 minutes. Take tablet touch Splashtop 2 and you will see your computer desktop running on your tablet.

This also works with other, but not all games. Seems that those that run in windows work fine, such as WiTE and ATG.

Mike

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.367188E-02