software for screenshots (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support

schascha -> software for screenshots (7/20/2012 1:05:03 PM)

Which software are you using to do your screenshots ?

For me Gadwin doesn't work every time and when I do screenshots with Fraps my game can scratch.

michaelm -> RE: software for screenshots (7/21/2012 3:05:05 AM)

One free one that seems to be popular is Paint.NET. Another is GIMP.

Seminole -> RE: software for screenshots (7/21/2012 4:33:40 AM)

Paint.NET is nice for image manipulation. Make sure you're using the layer tool!
I also like to take screenshots of the entire front before and after moves. I click on Shminsk (just west of Lake Ilmen), zoom to level 1, then back out to level 3 then scroll up to the top of the map. I can get from northern map edge to the southern Rumanian border in three overlapping images (1920x1080). I use Irfanview to batch crop the images so I can easily and seamlessly line them up in MS Paint and save a screenshot that encompasses the eastern front.
It's nice with these before and after static screens to get a good sense for where the battle is flowing.

Tarhunnas -> RE: software for screenshots (7/21/2012 6:32:29 AM)

I find that Paint does everything I need with the screenshots. For a big composite map, just start at the top of the area of the game map you want, press alt+Prt Sc, then paste into paint. Move picture up and left so the toolbars and jump map are outside the visible area. Change picture properties so height is 3000 pixels or so. Go to game, scroll down so you have a slight overlap with the last shot, do screenshot. Start another instance of paint and paste into that. Move up and left as before, press Ctrl+A to select the entire picture and Ctrl + C to copy, paste it into the first instance of paint and move unitil it aligns with the previous screenshot. Repeat until finished. Then crop the final big picture to what you want.

Cad908 -> RE: software for screenshots (7/21/2012 7:50:14 AM)

Give Screenshot Captor a try. It is freeware, though you have to jump through a couple of hoops to register the product.

Here is the CNET link:

http://download.cnet.com/Screenshot-Captor/3000-20432_4-10433616.html

What I really like is that it supports dual monitors. You can take several screens in sequence, and they are saved where and in the format you designate. You do not have to paste each screen as you go, and later can use an editor like Paint.Net to create your final image.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI