warspite1 -> RE: Dumb rules question. (9/6/2012 6:16:00 AM)
Apologies because I am confused and would appreciate some help!!
19.4 Minor Country Units
Set up on the map each of the minor's naval units that has a date on the back that is at least 2 years earlier except those sunk prior to the start of the scenario. For example, in the Global War campaign, if your opponent declares war on Spain in 1940, you would set up all the Spanish ships that have 1938 or earlier on the back of their counter except for the Espana.
1. Why does the example single out Espana only and not Jaime I and Baleares? I assume this is just an error?
2. What happens to these three ships? Are they a) removed from the game (i.e. they are only ever used with Days of Decision) or b) Placed in the Force Pool?
3. What is the correct treatment for the Mexican Anauhac? This ship has no sunk date on the back of the counter (although in real life she was discarded in 1938). I assume
that notwithstanding her real life fate, if for example, Mexico enters the war in 1941, she is placed on the map (because she has no sunk date on the counter)?
1) This is just an error. I suspect that Espana was the only Spanish ship included in WIF that had a sunk date at the time that the rule was written.
2) The answer is that they go into the force pool after you add the minors units to the force pool.
3) If she has no sunk date then she is placed on the map. But I do suspect that this is an error and that she should have a sunk date. Anyone know if the latest version of this counter has a sunk date?
RAC: 19.4 Minor country units
After a minor country has aligned with you, you can choose to add its units (those not yet set-up) to your major power’s force pools. You can do this at any time while the minor is not conquered (incomplete or complete) but, once you do, its units must always go into your force pools as they become available. From then on, you can only voluntarily remove them from your pools by production (see 13.6.5), or scrapping (see 13.6.9).
Thanks Orm. I will amend a few of the write ups accordingly. It seems counter intuitive that ships such as Espana are placed in the Force Pool (after all, they have already been sunk!) but at least I now have the correct answer. [:)]
I will assume that Anahuac is part of any Campaign game.