Possible to Mod combat report?? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Mods and Scenarios

sandman2575 -> Possible to Mod combat report?? (7/18/2012 9:43:53 PM)

If I have one true complaint about DC, it's the combat reports. Why on earth do these need to be so hard to read?? I posted about this a while back when Case Blue was still in beta but never got a response. I had hoped Case Blue would improve on WtP but alas it does not.

My eyesight isn't great (I do wear glasses), but it isn't horrendous. I cannot be the only person who finds the combat reports *very* hard to read. Whether using "Combat Numbers" or just the pips, I have a devil of a time making out what casualties I incurred. The Dark Red font (for destroyed units) against Dark Gray background is absurd. I am constantly squinting at these reports and even then am often not 100% sure I'm reading things correctly.

Is it even possible to mod this?

Not asking for dramatic overhaul. All I really want is a more readable report. Bigger font / unit silhouettes would be nice. Also nice would be some identification for the units -- again, I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds figuring out the difference between the "PzIII" and "PzIV" silhouettes hard. But overall I'll settle for an easy to read color scheme !

Kumppi -> RE: Possible to Mod combat report?? (7/18/2012 10:01:16 PM)

I endorse the above post wholeheartedly. Reading the combat report makes my eyes hurt [X(]

LiquidSky -> RE: Possible to Mod combat report?? (7/19/2012 1:37:58 AM)

It probably doesnt help that I use a 2540x1440 monitor to play on, but I too cannot read the little red numbers. Also, is there a summary that adds up all losses rather then counting them? Other then the Stat's graph (which I love!)

redmarkus4 -> RE: Possible to Mod combat report?? (7/19/2012 5:17:42 AM)

Not moddable, unfortunately. This requires a change by the devs.

sandman2575 -> RE: Possible to Mod combat report?? (7/20/2012 1:07:34 AM)

man that's too bad.

i really hope Vic will give this some attention then. obviously it's not a critical problem, but i actually do consider it a significant problem. there's just no reason reading combat results should be this difficult.

redmarkus4 -> RE: Possible to Mod combat report?? (7/20/2012 4:43:49 AM)

You should post it in the Tech Thread perhaps?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.074219E-02