How to make a new scenario from a turn dump? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design

governato -> How to make a new scenario from a turn dump? (7/10/2012 5:56:20 PM)

Is there an easy way to run an existing scenario to a certain turn (say hotseat or AI vs AI) and dump the scenario state (settings,replacement rates, events activated, OOB with arrived and planned reinforcements, etc) and using it as a starting point for a new scenario?
Then one'd have to deploy units and adjust TOEs, but it'd save a lot of time and errors.

sPzAbt653 -> RE: How to make a new scenario from a turn dump? (7/11/2012 8:15:17 AM)

You can change the turn saved file from .sal to .sce, then it can be opened in the editor as a scenario. This will change all the turn references, treating your saved turn as a turn 1, so you would have to go thru and at least check the events.

I've only tried this once and I seem to remember there was something wrong with it, like maybe it 0'd the replacement rates or something.

governato -> RE: How to make a new scenario from a turn dump? (7/11/2012 10:01:46 PM)

I tried, but unfortunately it does not 'update' the internal clock for the events and reinforcements as I was hoping. For example, if I stop and restart at say turn 10, an event schedule originally to happen at turn 15 will still happen at turn 15 of the new scenario. So, bummer. But thanks for the help!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.515625E-02