BB Revenge (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

zuluhour -> BB Revenge (7/3/2012 12:22:58 PM)

Severely damaged earlier in the war, she finally made Columbo. I have switched her from pier side to shipyard several times but she does not seem to be repairing. I have lost a div worth of PPs and will go negative soon. At pierside she was at 51 days now at 39 with no repair work done; is this a countdown? I have read Alfreds repair 101 and am digesting. This should be a mid Oct 43 turn enclosed.

zuluhour -> RE: BB Revenge (7/3/2012 12:23:22 PM)

snapshot

[image]local://upfiles/37319/D718BCBE5F224A3D8C948C49D730B061.jpg[/image]

dr.hal -> RE: BB Revenge (7/3/2012 12:43:48 PM)

If you are loosing PPs, why not try to have her sink? Run her at full power out at sea! I know you can't scuttle unless the option is available, but this way you can do the same thing (but it gives your opponent the points for its sinking so you need to do the math). Hal

zuluhour -> RE: BB Revenge (7/3/2012 12:48:12 PM)

Gamey, but advice taken seriously. The PP problem puts the entire allied war effort in a bind. Thanks Hal.

zuluhour -> RE: BB Revenge (7/3/2012 1:15:15 PM)

She will not move to ready, only shipyard and pierside. Man, the seventies really took a toll on my short term memory.

dr.hal -> RE: BB Revenge (7/3/2012 2:15:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: zuluhour

She will not move to ready, only shipyard and pierside. Man, the seventies really took a toll on my short term memory.

Ahhh...darn, I thought I had the answer for you! But in truth Zuluhour, I wouldn't call it "gamey" as I think you should have the right to scuttle something at any time! Here I would argue that it is the game that is "gamey"! The ship is costing your PPs artificially and that undermines why we have PPs in the game in the first place! Hal

witpqs -> RE: BB Revenge (7/3/2012 2:56:48 PM)

She should move to ready with a 3 day delay, unless - did you apply an upgrade during repairs?

Crackaces -> RE: BB Revenge (7/3/2012 3:32:26 PM)

quote:

snapshot

Look at the picture carefully Zuluhour .. its "refitting" .. meaning an upgrade is being applied . it will be impossible I think to get this in ready mode [see that teh refitting state replaces readyness] until the refit completes. The PP's will deduct until then ...[sm=nono.gif]

What is quite a PITA is the PP's each day are equal to activating a regiment for the entire war ... a huge penalty in my book [8|]

dr.hal -> RE: BB Revenge (7/3/2012 4:10:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crackaces

quote:

snapshot

Look at the picture carefully Zuluhour .. its "refitting" .. meaning an upgrade is being applied . it will be impossible I think to get this in ready mode [see that teh refitting state replaces readyness] until the refit completes. The PP's will deduct until then ...[sm=nono.gif]

What is quite a PITA is the PP's each day are equal to activating a regiment for the entire war ... a huge penalty in my book [8|]

This is not good zuluhour as the only way you could have prevented the upgrade was to turn it off BEFORE it started! The devil is in the details! Hal

Alfred -> RE: BB Revenge (7/3/2012 5:01:11 PM)

quote:

snapshot

There is no bug.

Look at the repair points shown on the screen shot. That was a feature which post dates the 101 repair guide. Next turn you should see an increase in the repair points total. That will confirm that there is no bug.

You have currently one other ship in the repair yard. I would move that other ship out to pierside and put the Revenge into the shipyard. If you do the maths (I'm leaving that task up to you) you will probably find that more repair points will be generated if the Revenge is the only ship in the shipyard than if it is left pierside.

The key metric for you is to get the flotation damage down to 49. Then you should be able to get her into a ready state and able to be withdrawn.

Alfred

khyberbill -> RE: BB Revenge (7/3/2012 6:10:46 PM)

I think the refit has to be finished before he can move the ship to readiness if the flot damage is low enough. And the amount of days refitting is hard coded. Frankly, I don't know if other damage is repaired while the ship is being refitted. This happened to me once with a sub. Frustrating experience and I now leave upgrade off until I am prepared and almost always off for most British ships that have to be withdrawn.

zuluhour -> RE: BB Revenge (7/3/2012 6:41:43 PM)

Thanks all! Another embarrassing post from Zulu HQ. Refitting! Completely missed it.....This is going to rival the loss of the Enterprise, Saratoga, and Hornet. Man, have I got alot of explaining to do in Washington. I'll shift her into the shipyard alone today.

zuluhour -> RE: BB Revenge (7/3/2012 7:40:42 PM)

The mistake you do not want to make....

[image]local://upfiles/37319/72111ECAFFAA44179777206B82B9B08D.jpg[/image]

Crackaces -> RE: BB Revenge (7/3/2012 8:55:13 PM)

quote:

Given the severe penaity of not withdrawing the design might be to add an algorithum to allow for a stop refit and withdraw if the ship is at a port that allows withdrawls. But the developers have a sadistic streak ...[8|] you will pay 36 days X 15 (65-50 PP each day) 540 PP's out of your pool while not gaining any PP's. Your game will be severely impacted. It is like not activating a USA Division....

msieving1 -> RE: BB Revenge (7/4/2012 1:42:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crackaces

quote:

Given the severe penaity of not withdrawing the design might be to add an algorithum to allow for a stop refit and withdraw if the ship is at a port that allows withdrawls. But the developers have a sadistic streak ...[8|] you will pay 36 days X 15 (65-50 PP each day) 540 PP's out of your pool while not gaining any PP's. Your game will be severely impacted. It is like not activating a USA Division....

I think the penalties for not withdrawing the R class battleships are excessive. It's not like they were vitally needed elsewhere. Revenge and Resolution simply returned to England and were laid up in reserve. Royal Sovereign was sent to the US for refit, after which it was determined she was not fit to participate in OVERLORD; she was eventually loaned to Russia in lieu of the Italian Guilio Cesare. Only Ramillies saw any action after returning to the UK.

PaxMondo -> RE: BB Revenge (7/4/2012 4:42:56 AM)

NO!! you can't make any change to this!!!  It is the IJ's most secret, most effective weapon!!!  [:D][:D][:D]

zuluhour -> RE: BB Revenge (7/4/2012 5:15:14 PM)

Terry inquired today if the situation was ruining the game for me. Quite gracious of him. My response to him is the war must go on. I did mention to him, and I believe it to be true, the result of the damage inflicted on Revenge off Burma so many months ago may be the IJNs most effective attack of the war. She took months to pump out in southern India making port at Columbo the day after her withdrawl date with refit/upgrade on. She promply disbanded in port and VOILA!

koniu -> RE: BB Revenge (7/4/2012 5:58:29 PM)

Very effective. Few bombs and two American ID delayed 2-3 months in front.
This show how small details like "upgrade on" for single ship can impact war.

For you it is loss of 3k PP, someone else can stuck with many ships in fronlne port making them easy target for enemy planes.

Details, details.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI