Modding (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Pacific War: The Matrix Edition

GJ Selby -> Modding (6/21/2012 9:01:59 PM)

Is it possible to mode elements of the game? I noticed that file IPWSHORT.ASC can be opened by notepad but changing values seem to make no differences in the game.

bradk -> RE: Modding (6/21/2012 10:24:32 PM)

I don't know the function of that file. Most of what people are interested in editing is contained in the obc files. Does an editor still come with the download?

My suggestion to anyone starting off editing is to assume that whatever you're doing either outright won't work, or that if it does there will be unanticipated negative consequences. [sm=00000116.gif] So save a copy of the original file and run long term tests.

Things like this. You decide you want a second version of the P40. You notice only one airgroup uses the P35. OK, so give that airgroup the P36, eliminate the P35, and plug your new P40 into its spot. But come Jan 43, all your new versions of the P40 are gone. Why? Because anything in the P35 spot obsoletes out of the game Jan 43.

MXB2001 -> RE: Modding (6/21/2012 11:08:26 PM)

The .ASC file is not part of the game. It's some sort of status file for one of the reports programs. Not a config file.

bradk -> RE: Modding (6/22/2012 4:33:42 AM)

Ah... ipwshort... the short report for the Inside Pacific War program.

Ranger-75 -> RE: Modding (6/17/2013 7:52:54 PM)

Does anyone still have the macro-enabled excel spreadsheets that would take in the game OB files, and present them in a multi-tabbed spreadsheet, allow you to make limited changes, and then macro output back to the game files?

Those, I remember, were pretty useful. I might have them still sitting on one of my HDDs.

Capt. Harlock -> RE: Modding (6/19/2013 8:30:14 PM)

quote:

Does anyone still have the macro-enabled excel spreadsheets that would take in the game OB files, and present them in a multi-tabbed spreadsheet, allow you to make limited changes, and then macro output back to the game files?

Yes, I do, and they were handy indeed. (for one thing, you could switch submarines back on to Computer control when they get stuck on Player Control.) AFAIK, the latest version was "pacwared22.xls"

Ranger-75 -> RE: Modding (6/21/2013 6:17:36 PM)

Thanks, I found mine, from Rich Dionne. I have to check the version #, it might be 22.

I think they work on the SAVEA thru SAVEE files in addition to the OB files. I think the save files are just a current snapshot of the particular campaign you started. With Rich's excel based editor, there is no need for the old PWREPORTS, correct?

Ranger-75 -> RE: Modding (6/22/2013 1:01:04 PM)

I checked mine which is v21. I also seem to have a air icon and ship icon set of XLS files to apparently edit the air and ship icons. Now I have to remember how to use those, but that should be simple.
Any chance of you sending the v22 PWEDIT to me? I PM'd you with my email address.

When i finally get home I'm going to jump into the big Matrix WITP AE, but not over here - not enough time to myself to study and learn it.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.501465E-02