I do think they surrender too quick!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

catski -> I do think they surrender too quick!!! (6/11/2012 8:40:38 PM)

im playing a game against a human player and have surrounded 425,000 men on my turn as Axis.The soviet player got supplies and air support to the encirled men but now ive made them surrender all of them.

Ok your isolated, but you still have some supplies. You wouldn't all just surrender after 1 week, then again it will be the same on the way back. Just a bit harsh I think. Bastogne springs to mind, isolated, supplied from the air, you don't just pack it in. Breslau ? Did the 6th Army at Stalingrad pack it in after 1 week, once surrounded ?

Yeah you think of Cherkassy & Korsun pockets, Breslau later on Budapest, even Stalingrad. Breaking in, breaking out was a big feature of the later part of the campaign in the east. As German this is going to hurt you, when you want your surrounded guys to just stand firm while you break back in. You can't always organise this in one turn ?

Thoughts

Joel Billings -> RE: I do think they surrender too quick!!! (6/11/2012 9:30:34 PM)

If you use the airhead supply rules (from a patch), you should be able to keep a Stalingrad like pocket alive for awhile. However, it's still not as good as it should be for good morale units (at least in my opinion), and we plan on working on this some more in WitW.

fbs -> RE: I do think they surrender too quick!!! (6/12/2012 1:21:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

If you use the airhead supply rules (from a patch), you should be able to keep a Stalingrad like pocket alive for awhile. However, it's still not as good as it should be for good morale units (at least in my opinion), and we plan on working on this some more in WitW.

You mean changes in the engine for WitW will also apply for WitE?

wadortch -> RE: I do think they surrender too quick!!! (6/12/2012 3:21:55 AM)

Paul
When you isolate my guys in our game, just let em go for a couple of turns.

delatbabel -> RE: I do think they surrender too quick!!! (6/13/2012 4:56:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings
If you use the airhead supply rules (from a patch), you should be able to keep a Stalingrad like pocket alive for awhile.

Having tried this several times against several opponents, no you can't. Even relatively high morale airhead supplied units will almost always surrender on the turn after being isolated if they are attacked.

carlkay58 -> RE: I do think they surrender too quick!!! (6/15/2012 1:00:56 AM)

That has also been my experience as both Axis and Soviet commanders.

Zemke_4 -> RE: I do think they surrender too quick!!! (6/20/2012 4:21:33 PM)

Mine also, the "pocket problem" has been part of the game from the beginning. The devs change things, but don't fix what really needs fixing, pocket problem, national morale, combat system.

quote:

ORIGINAL: carlkay58

That has also been my experience as both Axis and Soviet commanders.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI