Frustration! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich

Toonz -> Frustration! (6/8/2012 1:42:05 AM)

Hello,

I recently discovered this title was available. I owned BTR back in the day and enjoyed it very much. I purchased this game yesterday and I'm more than a little frustrated.

I have Windows 7 64 bit and I'm having a few issues getting the game to run properly.

1.) The game loads fine but runs slow. I have applied the patch it doesn't seem to help with the slow/poor scrolling.
2.) I have no aircraft graphics during the movement phase of a turn.
3.) I get no indication of range to a target

I have a quad core processor and tried it on just one core. It did not help. I also tried using DirectDraw Software Emulation, again to no avail.

Is there a way to fix these issues?

kaleun -> RE: Frustration! (6/8/2012 3:50:01 AM)

Wish I could help you. I've had no trouble running W7 64 bit and using Game Booster to disable all those annoying programs running in the background; they take about 40% of your processing power.

cohimbra -> RE: Frustration! (6/9/2012 5:26:40 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Toonz
1.) The game loads fine but runs slow. I have applied the patch it doesn't seem to help with the slow/poor scrolling.

Hi, this happened to me, and after a month I realized that
I had not changed the option below (in red in the screen);
by default the setting is 'none'.
Maybe this can help:

[image]http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3228/senzanomec.png[/image]

leftydad -> RE: Frustration! (3/19/2013 5:34:31 PM)

Thanks for the tip about the options screen and Processor Affinity setting. The game wouldn't go past the intro screen until now. I also find that I have to use Windowed Mode or it won't work.

Now it finally works!

I've got Windows 7 64 bit, dual core.

pompack -> RE: Frustration! (4/8/2013 10:43:58 PM)

I have "All cores" selected with both directdraw and windowed mode OFF. Never had a problem with run time or crashes

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI