Lenningrado is now reinforced strongly (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room

Zecke -> Lenningrado is now reinforced strongly (6/7/2012 11:07:18 AM)

Playing scenario campaing 1941-45. ALTVC260, (without FOG of WAR) the russian fortificated with reinforcements at lenningrado with lots of heavy units in turn 2..

The question is about the AARs that have checked i dont see too many units as in my game scenario happened; is this because the news pacth that now is impossible to take lenningrado (i am afraid that thouse units will never move from lenningrado)

I have upgrade at 1.06, ¿so are the upgrades? that now Lenningrado is impossible to take it..

what i wanteed to now is; if i dont upgrade War in the east to 1.06, lenningrado wont get that impressive reinforcements..is that correct?

Thanks for possibles answers

rrbill -> RE: Lenningrado is now reinforced strongly (6/7/2012 2:27:08 PM)

Play same game (w/FOW on) & ver 1.06 as yourself. Leningrad is strongly defended, but it crumbles & falls after you take 1 or 2 of the ports on the other side of Lake Ladoga. Send enough troops there and it gets done, but not very quick. I send the PzGrp and all and more of Armee 18. The faster you get there, the better.

Zecke -> RE: Lenningrado is now reinforced strongly (6/7/2012 6:49:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rrbill

Play same game (w/FOW on) & ver 1.06 as yourself. Leningrad is strongly defended, but it crumbles & falls after you take 1 or 2 of the ports on the other side of Lake Ladoga. Send enough troops there and it gets done, but not very quick. I send the PzGrp and all and more of Armee 18. The faster you get there, the better.

i see.. rrbill, i supossed too, that the key point is to conquer thouse ports and encirkel lenningrado as fast as you can

heliodorus04 -> RE: Lenningrado is now reinforced strongly (6/8/2012 2:08:03 AM)

The AI seems to over-commit to the defense of Leningrad and the Volkhov to the point that I have found it easier to do an unrealistic mad dash to Lake Onega from the southeast side of Lake Ilmen. I believe it's either on Turn 6 or Turn 7 that you can have your AGN rail line close enough to use HQ buildup with your HQs on the western bank of Ilmen, and 4 divisions exactly 5 hexes away to the east (even across the lake). It takes 3 panzer corps worth of units to do it (I always include a corps of 3.Panzer Group in AGN for this purpose), and it's cheese to be sure, but the AI has improved its commitment to Leningrad big-time, I agree.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.367188E-02