The new Starship Troopers (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

SeaMonkey -> The new Starship Troopers (5/19/2012 4:30:37 PM)

"Battleship", good, clean, campy fun. Take your imagination, it's quite a stretch, and enjoy the big screen.

ilovestrategy -> RE: The new Starship Troopers (5/19/2012 6:04:55 PM)

I have never had a problem with good, clean, campy films. Sometimes you gotta take a film for what it is. So don't be thinking those negative ways. Other wise that bridge is gonna get known up! [:D]

Terminus -> RE: The new Starship Troopers (5/19/2012 7:25:44 PM)

A friend of mine described it as "just as **** as you thought it would be". There's good-bad and BAD-BAD!

Perturabo -> RE: The new Starship Troopers (5/20/2012 12:40:22 AM)

Damn, I hoped that someone finally made a Starship Troopers movie that is faithful to the book.

ilovestrategy -> RE: The new Starship Troopers (5/20/2012 8:38:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Perturabo

Damn, I hoped that someone finally made a Starship Troopers movie that is faithful to the book.

I love both the movie and the book. But then again, I'm a huge fan of Basil Poledouris,the composer of the soundtrack.

Perturabo -> RE: The new Starship Troopers (5/20/2012 1:18:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ilovestrategy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Perturabo

I love both the movie and the book. But then again, I'm a huge fan of Basil Poledouris,the composer of the soundtrack.

I strongly dislike that the movie is probably the worst licence hijacking in the history. From what I've heard, it's called Starship Troopers only because someone told the director that there's a book that is a bit similar to the movie scenario.

Now thanks to them holding the license, there can never be a ST movie that would be true to the book.

RedArgo -> RE: The new Starship Troopers (5/20/2012 2:22:52 PM)

I saw Battleship with my 11 year old boys and their friends yesterday and they loved it. I thought it was good for a summer action move. Just turn off your brain and enjoy. I would say its similar to Transformers without the nostalgia effect.

Aurelian -> RE: The new Starship Troopers (5/20/2012 6:28:49 PM)

Why pay to see drek when I can watch the Asylum version of said drek on cable?

At least the main character said "They're not going to sink my battleship."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Battleship

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.367188E-02