chrisdk -> RE: Wish List (5/15/2012 3:05:32 PM)
Well, with nearly all AtB Firefights successfully tackled here's my personal wishlist:
1. Make Cap-payed-"Command Actions" possible for groups with varying levels of current AP left
Exampel: So if I group unit A with 3 AP left, together with unit B with 5 AP left and give them 1 CAP to perform a group move, after the move they still have 3 and 5 AP respectively.
2. Do not penalize members of a group that used less than the CAPs that they were awarded.
Example: 3 fresh Units form a group. They receive 2 CAPs. They perform a Group Move. Unit A needs 2 Points to move, Unit B and C only 1 Point. Upon deselecting them next round Unit A will currently have 7 AP and B and C only 6. All of them should have 7 instead. Otherwise B and C are penalized for doing something "cheaper" than unit A, while A is not penalized like this.
3. Make it less likely to accidentally deselect a group
Explanation: I often form groups, give them CAPs and then accidentally click somewhere (or would like to check LOS from another unit or something). In this case the group is deselected and the CAPs are lost.
4. Make it possible to check line of sight anywhere on the Map.
Idea a): Just make it possible to check between two specific hexes
Idea b): Upon clicking on a Hex (or Alt-Clicking or in LOS Mode or whatever), Show LOS from that hex as if there was a unit with unlimited Range and Arc of Fire in that hex.
Idea c): at least make it possible to click on an enemy unit to show their LOS
5. With Fog of War on, show how many AP that Unit has already spent in view of Units this turn.
Example: An enemy unit moves into View of my Units. It should now show the AP it spent to to enter. Then it takes a shot at one of my units, the total should rise accordingly.
6. Implement a Toggle for Artillery crater visibility
Reason: right now the craters obscure underlying terrain and hex borders pretty badly
7. Implement an Undo Button
No I don't have an idea how to solve "scouting by undoing moves uncovering units" either. But it's a "wish" list, right?
8. Make it possible to deselect specific units from a group.
Right now I always have to deselect the whole group and then start selecting them all one by one again
9. Make it possible to select units for a group via a selection box
10. I would like to be able to click on a history entry and then see highlights as to what was the acting and if appropriate the affected unit.
11. When panning to show acting unit and target, please center on those units.
If I am zoomed out a bit and there is a unit acting by the corner of the visible area, it is really easy to miss it.