game lobby (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empire in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815

mi1291 -> game lobby (5/13/2012 12:42:53 AM)

Empires in Arms was One of best boardgame ever made.

The Computer version wasn't so good mainly because it's very hard to play in pbem mode.

Just few days ago Matrix games released CoH with a new remote game system.
This system allows players to join a lobby and play games NOT in bem mode but remaining connecetd to the lobby.

I'm here to ask a great effort. Please implement EiA with this new remote game system.

I'm sure the computer game could be good as the boardgame was.

pzgndr -> RE: game lobby (5/15/2012 1:34:10 PM)

Marshall had intentions of implementing TCP/IP capability in some future patch. If he ever gets around to working on that, it could change to be something that players could log into like Matrix's BattleHQ or the other new server. Assuming you can get all players online at the same time and folks are willing to sit there while other players are taking their turns. Seems like its harder to do that than play quickly in pbem mode? Most playgroups seem to be content with pbem, and the latest v1.08.07 patch has resolved most of the pbem issues that were bugging players over the past few years.

NeverMan -> RE: game lobby (5/15/2012 6:09:32 PM)

If I recall, and I do, there were a ton of folks who were pretty unsatisfied with PBEM.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.513672E-02