Fort construction in just captured hex (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room

glvaca -> Fort construction in just captured hex (5/12/2012 12:48:13 AM)

I've noticed the following:
1. A hex just captured from the enemy as the Soviet
2. With plenty of movement points left after moving into the hex
3. no fort construction takes place during the turn of capture

This does not happen to the German side who frequently build one level on the turn of capture.

Is this by design? Perhaps as a balancing mechanism to allow counter attacks and bring more fluidity to the game?

No critisism, just checking.

glvaca -> RE: Fort construction in just captured hex (5/18/2012 1:23:07 PM)

bump, anyone?

76mm -> RE: Fort construction in just captured hex (5/18/2012 2:11:35 PM)

Actually AFIAK at least after 1941 the Sovs were known for digging in immediately, so if is intentional it seems like a game balance hack.

Joel Billings -> RE: Fort construction in just captured hex (5/18/2012 4:44:46 PM)

Not intentional. Digging happens in the other player's logistics phase so both sides can dig after their turn. Soviet units tend to have lower construction values.

glvaca -> RE: Fort construction in just captured hex (5/18/2012 8:57:09 PM)

but that should/could be compensated for by engineer capable units at Army or higher level.
If it's not intentional, perhaps you should take a look as it really stands out.

76mm -> RE: Fort construction in just captured hex (5/19/2012 7:10:18 PM)

glvaca, did you notice if this happens with rifle corps as well? they should have decent construction values.

glvaca -> RE: Fort construction in just captured hex (5/21/2012 11:59:02 PM)

Sorry, missed this before. I only just got Rifle Corps so I'll keep an eye out.

To describe the situation better. An example:
2 inf. Divs move into an enemy hex an flip it to my control.
They have 5-8 Mvp left.
They are not adjacent to the enemy.
The Army has plenty of RR brigades attached.
If I would do the same in a hex that was under my control at the start of the turn, I'd have a lvl1 for sure next turn.
Now, I don't even have the beginning of a fort.

Am I the only one who has noticed this? Common 76, you've played the Sovs plenty, do you remember an instance where you capture a hex and build a fort the same turn? Even starting one?

76mm -> RE: Fort construction in just captured hex (5/22/2012 3:38:10 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: glvaca
Common 76, you've played the Sovs plenty, do you remember an instance where you capture a hex and build a fort the same turn? Even starting one?

I thought I had, but all of my games are server games so I can't go back to check! I will start watching for this though.

timmyab -> RE: Fort construction in just captured hex (5/22/2012 12:08:11 PM)

I've started to notice this just lately I think since 1.06.11.No fort construction in newly captured hex on turn of capture for both sides.I actually prefer it like that.

carlkay58 -> RE: Fort construction in just captured hex (5/22/2012 12:26:09 PM)

I think that in 1.04 I remember Axis Panzer units marching across the map and then ending up in lvl 1 or 2 forts by the Soviet move phase. I don't recall seeing that since then though, I think they started to nerf that in 1.05.

76mm -> RE: Fort construction in just captured hex (5/22/2012 1:15:46 PM)

quote:

I think that in 1.04 I remember Axis Panzer units marching across the map and then ending up in lvl 1 or 2 forts by the Soviet move phase. I don't recall seeing that since then though, I think they started to nerf that in 1.05.

I'm pretty sure that I just saw this under 1.06x.

glvaca -> RE: Fort construction in just captured hex (5/22/2012 8:51:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: timmyab

I've started to notice this just lately I think since 1.06.11.No fort construction in newly captured hex on turn of capture for both sides.I actually prefer it like that.

Not for both sides, I've seen it happen with the Axis for sure. Ie. they do still have the capability to build a level 1 after capturing terrain.

timmyab -> RE: Fort construction in just captured hex (5/22/2012 11:58:55 PM)

Not for me they haven't.Even an entire pz corps with most of it's MPs in tact won't even build 1% of a fort in a newly captured hex.
I'm seeing the same thing in another game with an Axis opponent.No forts in newly captured hexes.Not even the start of one.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02