Weather (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series

tgb -> Weather (5/10/2012 1:23:13 PM)

I've only played 3 or 4 scenarios so far, and from what I can tell (correct me if I'm wrong), it's not modeled at all, which is kind of odd for an Eastern Front game.

Seems to me it would be relatively easy to include Winter rules (even as an option) - just have fewer AP's at the start of a round, make movement more expensive, and arty less accurate.

raizer -> RE: Weather (5/10/2012 1:30:07 PM)

well its a port from the board games and weather is not involved in those...I can see the benefit of weather but Id rather have weapons cards first

Lebatron -> RE: Weather (5/10/2012 6:08:59 PM)

It's not odd at all that the weather does not change during a firefight. It's the time frame of the combats. This is not a game were fights take days or weeks to resolve. In a 30 minute fight it is either going to be clear weather or the scenario would say it was fought during a foggy day, rainy, or snowing. Such weather concerns would be mentioned in the scenario notes if in fact such historical combats were chosen for inclusion. AtB's historical fights all happened during good weather so no special rules were needed for the base fire fights. In time, I suppose some extra modifiers could be patched in for those that wish to make combats happen in bad weather conditions.

tgb -> RE: Weather (5/10/2012 7:00:41 PM)

I realize that the scenarios represent a brief period of time, but surely some of them are set during the Winter months, aren't they?

Lebatron -> RE: Weather (5/10/2012 7:21:20 PM)

Nope the games setting is Summer to Fall of 41.

tgb -> RE: Weather (5/10/2012 7:24:06 PM)

Well, OK then.

Lebatron -> RE: Weather (5/10/2012 7:31:29 PM)

That's why the board game never shipped with winter maps;)

The Gray Mouser -> RE: Weather (5/10/2012 11:08:22 PM)

Hmm, the box cover shows white cammoed soldiers fighting a T-34 in the snow though ;)

Erik Rutins -> RE: Weather (5/11/2012 7:08:01 AM)

Point well taken - I think it's certainly a point to discuss for the future. There are no current weather rules in the board game, but I'm sure Uwe could come up with some in time. Within this time scale, I'd guess the main effects would be on movement/vehicle immobilization and LOS, possibly some effects on combat if we're talking extreme winter.

Lebatron -> RE: Weather (5/11/2012 5:06:46 PM)

In the board game weather is handled by mention in the special rules. Here is an example from the Poland exapansion. FF7 Shadows in the Mist. For the board game it's easy to incorporate weather effects, but for the PC version it going to take special programming to add in these options.

[image]local://upfiles/16830/B2262B02E39A4BFBBDB6019265DD9FCE.jpg[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI