Groups (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series

Bismarck -> Groups (5/9/2012 3:25:33 AM)

I understand how to make groups but don't understand how they move. I selct one, move it, select another, move it and then the group disbands. What am I missing? Thanks.

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: Groups (5/9/2012 3:34:31 AM)

It actually shouldn't be disbanding if, on your turn, you activate one of the units in that group first before activating any others.

mo reb

Chris Merchant -> RE: Groups (5/9/2012 3:36:03 AM)

A Group Move only works where the units are in the same or adjacent hexes - did you perhaps move a unit away?

jglazier -> RE: Groups (5/9/2012 5:29:33 AM)

Yeah, I don't understand it either. I select three or four units. One of them has a yellow border, and the others have a red border. When I move the yellow bordered unit, it moves by itself, and the others stay where they are? I don't get it. What is the advantage?

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: Groups (5/9/2012 5:44:36 AM)

The advantage is that you get to move all the units in the group before your opponent gets a chance to react.

tgb -> RE: Groups (5/9/2012 9:54:31 AM)

OK. I was thinking that when you move one member of a group, they all move, keeping the formation.

Joram -> RE: Groups (5/9/2012 12:39:15 PM)

No, they move individually and you have to keep them contiguous. Also recall that group fire gives a bonus and is a great way to crack a tough nut (like a KV!!).

raizer -> RE: Groups (5/9/2012 2:25:43 PM)

Group fire observations: I think its the last unit you pick in your group that becomes the fireleader-as he is green and the others are red-APs costs and the initial fire value # comes from him, and the others will be +1.

Also I think that your unit must be able to provide a positive value, after terrain mods are in effect, to get that +1 added-so a 2 FP rifle team firing at a guy in the woods that has a -2 mod will not add to the group? I might be mistaken or clicking in the wrong sequence but I think this is correct. I always thought in the board game you just need a +# at the outset, prior to terrain mods to get that +1 added to the group fireleader but I might be wrong about that as well

tgb -> RE: Groups (5/9/2012 3:32:02 PM)

If you use the Free Move card on one unit in a group, do the other units benefit from it as well?

Lebatron -> RE: Groups (5/10/2012 5:31:50 AM)

Card actions work the same on a group as they do on a single unit. So something like move 2 hexes actually works to your best advantage when you can group move since then you are multiplying the effect. Another example would be to use hasty defense on a group then all would get the benefit at once. But in practice finding working opportunities like this is hard.

sandman2575 -> RE: Groups (5/13/2012 2:57:35 PM)

What are the downsides of forming groups? or is it just understood that you should *always* form groups whenever possible, in order to get the group fire bonus and have the ability to move several of your units before the enemy has a chance to react? (seems a quite powerful tactic -- almost to the point of being an exploit??) anyway, love to hear what the disadvantages are --

Joram -> RE: Groups (5/13/2012 3:15:06 PM)

Well one disadvantage is that if you used all your units first, your opponent will be able to do whatever he wants without you being able to react.

ericbabe -> RE: Groups (5/13/2012 4:42:57 PM)

What Joram said [:)] Also you get fewer attacks when you attack with grouped units. Groups have to stick together to remain as a group, which may limit the tactical options you can take with grouped units.

tgb -> RE: Groups (5/13/2012 6:41:03 PM)

I don't think I've ever seen the A.I. group units. I don't know if that's because it can't, or because it knows it shouldn't.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.148438E-02