Updates for Stock Scenarios (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding

JWE -> Updates for Stock Scenarios (4/29/2012 4:49:11 PM)

Was tweaking Andy Mac's new Scen02 with the AAA and ASW fixes and thought, heck, why not ! So updated all the Stock GC scenarios with AAA, ASW, Super-E, fixes. All on the Babes website.

Scen01_War in the Pacific_The Full Campaign vj1
Scen02_War in the Pacific_Hakko Ichiu vj1
Scen06_December 8_The Full Campaign vj1
Scen07_War in the Pacific_The Full Campaign (Quiet China) vj1
Scen08_War in the Pacific_Hakko Ichiu (Quiet China) vj1
Scen09_December 8_The Full Campaign (Quiet China) vj1

Simple drop in and replace, using the existing AI files. Not updatable for in-progress games, restart required. Maybe Michaelm will gratuitously stamp them, if you ask nice. Maybe, too, these will be the standard for any future data patch (not likely, but you never know).

Ciao. J

Dan Nichols -> RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios (4/29/2012 4:54:36 PM)

That's cool. Thank you.

Rainer -> RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios (4/29/2012 5:14:26 PM)

If you wonder where to get these, they are here
https://sites.google.com/site/dababeswitpae/8-stock-updates

Andy Mac -> RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios (4/29/2012 5:18:04 PM)

Fantastic ta

Halsey -> RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios (4/29/2012 6:23:00 PM)

Added to my AE update folder.

Thanks for your fantastic work.[&o]

SuluSea -> RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios (4/29/2012 6:26:13 PM)

Thanks for the effort John , I'll definately be using these from here on out. [:)]

oldman45 -> RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios (4/29/2012 11:10:27 PM)

Thanks pal!

Kitakami -> RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios (4/30/2012 12:36:54 AM)

Many thanks! MUCH appreciated!

John 3rd -> RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios (4/30/2012 12:40:34 AM)

You have TOO MUCH time on your hands Sir. Thanks!

Andy Mac -> RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios (4/30/2012 1:06:12 AM)

Need to get them stamped somehow before they will update ongoing games

Thanks John (have you asked michael if he can stamp them ?)

drw61 -> RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios (4/30/2012 1:53:01 AM)

Thanks John! Downloading now

JWE -> RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios (4/30/2012 5:02:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac
Need to get them stamped somehow before they will update ongoing games

Thanks John (have you asked michael if he can stamp them ?)

Nope, haven't looked into stamping for updating. Not sure I want to do that because I would be opening a rather large can of worms [;)]

Ran an update report and got over 300 blivets that exist in the stock locations files: ran it for both stock/stock and my updated/stock and same errors showed up so it's not from the fixes. Many are benign, but a lot are fairly grim; units with level-2 TOEs that have different entries, and are further different from the primary units, and woof !! No wonder Michaelm was going spastic with wierd upgrade stuff.

So am fixing all those, which means LCUs and Ships will have update 'issues', and people being people, they will complain if everything doesn't update just perfect. So I'd just as soon not go there [:D]

[ed] maybe, after the smoke clears, and we see just what's happening, that might be a good thing. Not exactly the right time to do a "data patch 3" if ya know what I mean, but once everything settles, it might be a very nice way to proceed.

Andy Mac -> RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios (4/30/2012 10:16:48 PM)

Understood John I have run this in my game with pzb wi no I'll effects so far

I would only release as caveat emptor scenes I.e. we won't fix it if something goes wrong but try it if you want type thing

Will attempt to get it stamped and re test impact on ongoing games maybe best not to release not sure yet

Good news.i agree gives us a fantastic baseline for new games

Ta

Andy

mikkey -> RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios (5/1/2012 1:07:44 AM)

excellent work, thanks JWE. Do you planning update Guadalcanal stock scenario or Marianas scenario?

JWE -> RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios (5/3/2012 6:34:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikkey
excellent work, thanks JWE. Do you planning update Guadalcanal stock scenario or Marianas scenario?

No, not really. Updates are for stock "GC" scenarios, that might not be appropriate for the small scens. We'll think on it, but I really don't believe it would be effective, in the margins. Ciao. J

mikkey -> RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios (5/3/2012 10:03:34 PM)

oki, thanks for answer JWE

JWE -> RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios (5/4/2012 4:18:50 PM)

The main reason, mikkey, is that the smaller scenarios were done by different people, waaayy back at the very beginning, when the database wasn't fully established. Terminus did the Thousand Mile War, Joe Wilkerson did the Coral Sea, Nikademus did Guadalcanal, AndyMac did the Marianas, Buccaneer, and Downfall. They all used different versions of 'stuff' in different ways. So getting them all lined up is a big task.

Not to say it can't be done, just that we would have to understand exactly what each person did and why, before we would feel comfortable 'adjusting' it for a stock release. We are working on Babes versions of some of these, as well as a few others of our own. But nothing compatible with 'stock' release, at this time.

mikkey -> RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios (5/4/2012 10:33:40 PM)

Yes, working with scenarios of different people is not easy. I watch DaBabes scenarios and his various modifications and changes and I would like to try them but Grand Campaign is too big a bite for me. The scale and scope of Guadalcanal and Marianas scenarios are ideal for me. Thanks for the detailed reply JWE a also thanks for modified Guadalcanal scenario.

JWE -> RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios (5/14/2012 4:24:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikkey
Yes, working with scenarios of different people is not easy. I watch DaBabes scenarios and his various modifications and changes and I would like to try them but Grand Campaign is too big a bite for me. The scale and scope of Guadalcanal and Marianas scenarios are ideal for me. Thanks for the detailed reply JWE a also thanks for modified Guadalcanal scenario.

Well, wouldn't you know it, Nik asked if would be possible to update Guadalcanal Scen04, and I believe Terminus has no issues with updating 1,000 Mile War Scen05, so it looks like you get your wish, mikkey [8D]

[ed] won't be the Babes version, but it will have all the AAA and ASW goodies (just like the GC scenarios) and be organized so they can get any future updates as a simple "drop in" (just like the GC scenarios).

Keifer -> RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios (5/14/2012 6:26:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE

Was tweaking Andy Mac's new Scen02 with the AAA and ASW fixes and thought, heck, why not ! So updated all the Stock GC scenarios with AAA, ASW, Super-E, fixes. All on the Babes website.

Is there a link to what the fixes are? and what gameplay effect they have? I couldn't find an obvious post searching the forum.

Am restarting an AI game as Allies using the new scenario #2.

Thanks, Keith

JWE -> RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios (5/14/2012 6:40:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keifer
quote:

Is there a link to what the fixes are? and what gameplay effect they have? I couldn't find an obvious post searching the forum.

Thanks, Keith

If you read what you quoted you will see that the main issues addressed are AAA, ASW, and Super-Es.

[ed] they make gameplay better. result of several hundred posts here and elsewhere.

mikkey -> RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios (5/15/2012 12:02:31 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keifer
quote:

Thanks, Keith
some more detailed information and download files are on the Home of DaBabes site

mikkey -> RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios (5/15/2012 12:07:09 AM)

quote:

Well, wouldn't you know it, Nik asked if would be possible to update Guadalcanal Scen04, and I believe Terminus has no issues with updating 1,000 Mile War Scen05, so it looks like you get your wish, mikkey [8D]

[ed] won't be the Babes version, but it will have all the AAA and ASW goodies (just like the GC scenarios) and be organized so they can get any future updates as a simple "drop in" (just like the GC scenarios).
super, thanks for excellent news JWE!

JWE -> RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios (5/15/2012 4:49:18 PM)

Ok, mikkey, Scen04, Guadalcanal - Update v01 is posted. Pretty sure it's good to go, but if you see any issues, please feel free to give a shout.

mikkey -> RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios (5/16/2012 12:42:49 AM)

excellent, thanks JWE. I download it and very quickly try it and I found this some minor issues:
- as Allies I have some ships with 0 Endurance (~20 ship like CA Minneapolis, DD Laffey, AP...). Japan have also some ship with 0 Endurance.
- scenario description writes time interval 4 August 1942 to 7 February 1943 but the real end of scenario is 3 April 1943.
Thanks.

[image]local://upfiles/28255/CA00F3A7FE964A97965BA1204AD77E4B.jpg[/image]

JWE -> RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios (5/16/2012 3:12:13 PM)

That was a holdover from the 'no free gas' thing in the GC scenarios. It's a guick fix, done now.

The scenario dates are the same as always; start Aug. 6, 1942 , end April 3, 1943.

Treetop64 -> RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios (5/16/2012 3:35:04 PM)

Eh, my post vanished...[&:]

Well, was just asking if I have to restart my campaign after installing these new files. I'm currently setting up the first turn (non-historical first turn ON). Haven't actually executed the first turn yet. Do I need to re-select the scenario and start over after installing these scenario files?

Thanks.

JWE -> RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios (5/16/2012 3:59:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Treetop64

Well, was just asking if I have to restart my campaign after installing these new files. I'm currently setting up the first turn (non-historical first turn ON). Haven't actually executed the first turn yet. Do I need to re-select the scenario and start over after installing these scenario files?

Thanks.

Yes.

Treetop64 -> RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios (5/16/2012 6:03:39 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Treetop64

Thanks.

Yes.

Damn...

[sm=nono.gif]

Many thanks, anyways! [:)]

EDIT: Looking at this post a second time, it struck me as a bit unappreciative and condescending. I spent weeks building the turn and was nearly finished when these updates came out, so I was like "Oh, Noes!!" But, I am very thankful for the work that continues to go into this game (JWE, AndyMac, and all the rest). Honestly, I'd rather start over with updated scenarios (knowing there are updates available, of course) than continuing with legacy scenarios with the new patch.

You guys rock [&o]

mikkey -> RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios (5/16/2012 11:06:23 PM)

thanks for fix JWE, I look forward to updated scenarios.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.148438E-02