Refit slower than usual? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

ETF -> Refit slower than usual? (4/19/2012 12:32:24 AM)

OK it is May 42.....having a real hard time getting my boys (soviets) to refit as they use too. I have them on the rails and "in the day" I could get them up to 90%+ in a turn or two. Now It seems I have to take 4 turns ++. Some longer. Have most of the equipment I need, why is it taking longer than I have seen in the past. All are on Rail heads, it is MUD though I didn't think that would have too much of an affect?

Any ideas gents on how to speed things up? The Krauts are coming in a turn or two for the massive spring offensive.

carlkay58 -> RE: Refit slower than usual? (4/19/2012 1:41:17 AM)

Perhaps your manpower level is low? You are also about the low point for the Soviet Morale level and it should start to improve again in July 42.

ETF -> RE: Refit slower than usual? (4/20/2012 1:37:58 AM)

hmm I don't think so......have about 5k of the one squad type and about 1500 of the other (-)......good point is that low?
What is the difference in these two squad types? Is one an older To&E?

Thnaks

AFV -> RE: Refit slower than usual? (4/20/2012 2:10:24 AM)

How many units do you have on refit?

Joel Billings -> RE: Refit slower than usual? (4/20/2012 2:43:08 AM)

The squads are just the material, not the men. If you are short of manpower you can't use the equipment that the squads represent. If you are short on armaments points then having the squads in the pool might be important, but if you have both armaments and manpower I don't see why you aren't getting your refits. Have you filtered to make sure you have manpower in the "active" pool, as opposed to the "transit" pool? Do you have a lot of your units on refit, or just a few in the rear?

glvaca -> RE: Refit slower than usual? (4/20/2012 8:34:27 AM)

Since we're on the topic, can someone explain the difference between the active and transit pools? Thanks!

Blubel -> RE: Refit slower than usual? (4/20/2012 9:44:40 AM)

The active pools are the guys and stuff that actually sit around and wait for employment. The transit pool are the guys and stuff that go to the units or come from the units to the pool this turn.

ETF -> RE: Refit slower than usual? (4/21/2012 6:11:54 PM)

I do have a number of units back refitting. Is there a limit to the amount that can be transferred to the rear units assuming you have lots of manpower and equipment (of which I have).....

Re. The active pool what exactly am I looking for?

glvaca -> RE: Refit slower than usual? (4/21/2012 6:31:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blubel

The active pools are the guys and stuff that actually sit around and wait for employment. The transit pool are the guys and stuff that go to the units or come from the units to the pool this turn.

Cheers!

ETF -> RE: Refit slower than usual? (4/22/2012 8:08:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: glvaca

quote:

Cheers!

Right......and number of a few thousand rifle squads would indicate a ample # of troops?

What is the negative effect of have 10's of units on refit IF there is enough materials and equipment to go around?

Blubel -> RE: Refit slower than usual? (4/22/2012 8:52:39 PM)

There should not be a negative effect for that. If you have the manpower and the (right) sqauds in the pool and your unit sits on a railhead and has its HQ nearby it should refit and fill out.

AFV -> RE: Refit slower than usual? (4/23/2012 2:01:11 AM)

The event log will show you the number of troops and stuff that were replaced during the refit phase, and the normal replacement phase.
Generally, with a lot of units on refit, most of the replacements are done in the refit phase.

ETF -> RE: Refit slower than usual? (4/23/2012 8:40:47 PM)

quote:

There should not be a negative effect for that. If you have the manpower and the (right) sqauds in the pool and your unit sits on a railhead and has its HQ nearby it should refit and fill out.

Not all are very close to the HQ's.....Maybe that is the issue?

ETF -> RE: Refit slower than usual? (4/23/2012 8:41:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AFV

The event log will show you the number of troops and stuff that were replaced during the refit phase, and the normal replacement phase.
Generally, with a lot of units on refit, most of the replacements are done in the refit phase.

It seems to inidcate that I have about 170-200k men reaching units each turn.....Just not sure where they are going :)

AFV -> RE: Refit slower than usual? (4/24/2012 9:59:53 AM)

I would suggest reducing the total number of units on refit. That way the ones left on refit will get more troops and fill up faster. Thats one way to control where they go (at least a little better).

ETF -> RE: Refit slower than usual? (4/25/2012 12:34:32 AM)

Ok will do. I had a number of my front line units refitting but since they were on the front I didn't think it mattered as they would not get anything.

Thanks

Q-Ball -> RE: Refit slower than usual? (4/25/2012 4:24:18 PM)

Post a screenshot of your production screen, and make sure it's filtered to ACTIVE POOL. If you post that, we can probably tell you what's going on

Or, at least go in there, filter to Active, and tell us what your Armament # is, and what your Manpower # is. I bet one of them is close to Zero.

AFV -> RE: Refit slower than usual? (4/25/2012 8:27:09 PM)

If he has 170-200 K men reaching the front line each turn- and I assume that is in the REFIT segment- is'nt that pretty damn good? Not sure how many he has reaching the front lines in the regular replacement segment.

My current game I have 228K men reaching the front lines in the REFIT segment, and 2,100 in the regular replacment segment (yes, I know, way too many units on REFIT!)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI