Gamey or Legitamate AI Tactic? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Pacific War: The Matrix Edition

Cuthalin -> Gamey or Legitamate AI Tactic? (4/18/2012 10:17:04 AM)

Mid '44, As allies pound Japan's main land industrial bases, a novel approach has been taken by the IJN.
Create a Cargo TF in Nagoya, load it with supplies and send it to NAGOYA. My heavy bombers hit the supply base but all the supplies are on the TF. Which at the end of the turn are delivered and therefore bypass my attack!

What is the general opinion of this Tactic? Is it Gamey or just damned clever?

You can bet my carriers will be sent to attack TF's and autoswitch to the industry instead!!

Cuthalin.

wga -> RE: Gamey or Legitamate AI Tactic? (4/18/2012 4:44:11 PM)

I would consider it gamey as an artifical, non-historical tactic is being used to circumvent the game design (intent of the rules). Technically legal is a weak argument. But then I am a boardgame grognard, old school.

Capt. Harlock -> RE: Gamey or Legitamate AI Tactic? (4/18/2012 8:21:56 PM)

quote:

What is the general opinion of this Tactic? Is it Gamey or just damned clever?

A little of both.

You can bet my carriers will be sent to attack TF's and autoswitch to the industry instead!!

True, but there are two counter-moves. first, the bomber squadrons on board the CV's can be set to "Naval Interdiction", guaranteeing that they will attack ships and not supply depots. Second, you can send in fast Surface Combat TF's covered by the carriers. The Iowa class and Alaska Class will do nicely, along with lots of Sumner class DD's.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI