Some Noob questions... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series

Fascist Dog -> Some Noob questions... (4/13/2012 6:04:16 AM)

I'll post them here as they come to me.

First up, when I take command of an artillery unit, changing its command bar to white, it won't fire in support of any other units other than when I tell it to, right? And when I re-attach it to its higher command unit, it can't be used until its organic commander has done a replan, right? So, directing my own artillery fire is a bit of a risky proposition as I'll have to micro-manage it until it is reattached. Have I got that part right?

Second, all I have to do to attach a unit to another formation is to lassoo them with the mouse. Is there another way to assign Regimental artillery assets to a BattleGroup other than lassoo-ing them and 'Control-clicking' to delete the ones I don't want?

Bil H -> RE: Some Noob questions... (4/13/2012 11:54:14 AM)

PT,

1 - once you manually target an arty unit. So you should not have to micro-manage it... I don't think manually targeting will break its assignment to an HQ though?

I have been designing and playing with data more lately than playing, so what do I know? ;)

2 - It works, right? ;)

Lieste -> RE: Some Noob questions... (4/13/2012 1:33:44 PM)

You can also leave the individual batteries 'on call' by firing them using an artillery HQ to call the bombardment - this does strip them from their organic HQ, but as they tend to 'base' anyway at some remove that needn't hurt. It also tends to larger fire concentrations than just a single battery/bn. It is an option when you need to be busy re-organising troop movements/supply orientation and want a smaller impact from player interventions with artillery orders.

Of course, the noticeable result of ordering a bombardment is that by default it will rest immediately after, rather than firing a new mission or displacing. You can experiment with switching that option off, but remembering to manually cycle batteries to rest periods and into/out of ammunition reserve.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI