price match? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

**budd** -> price match? (4/7/2012 12:02:11 AM)

Was just wondering if Matrix was going to match the Dev's site price on Unity of Command? I'd rather buy here.

[image]local://upfiles/32191/8AC9FF7DFAA04F1FA80AD936D9376253.jpg[/image]

bairdlander -> RE: price match? (4/7/2012 12:58:24 AM)

Not likely,its a "niche market".They have no choice to lower prices here.Maybe at Holiday sale.[&:]

**budd** -> RE: price match? (4/7/2012 1:13:13 AM)

maybe not likely, but possible. Asked the same question regarding Making History 2 last week when the dev dropped the price on MH2 on their site and matrix matched price. don't see much difference to this situation. No harm in asking though, rather buy here but if i'm taken with the game can always go buy at Dev's site. I did end up buying MH2 and am enjoying it.

Yogi the Great -> RE: price match? (4/7/2012 12:39:19 PM)

I've always found the "price match" situations interesting and to some extent questionable,

Using another company I have purchased a lot of their games, (not sure I should mention company name in thread so it doesn't get locked). I originally purchased the games directly from the company site. Then I discoverd that I could purchase the same game from NWS fo $10 to $20 less. You would think the manufacturer could sell just as cheap since the other company has to buy from them to re-sale. The only answer that seems to be given is that they sell cheap to "distributers" for the ability to sell large numbers of games to them, and keep their own prices higher so as not to lose the business of the "distributer". Theory I guess, is that they can sell more games to the "middle man" then they can sell directly.

I've noted that other companies or even say a few games of Matrix may have very similar prices on their site as say again NWS. Difference in marketing strategy? But still, it is an interesting situation, who can sell games at the best price, the maker of the game, or a company that just sells it? [&:]

**budd** -> RE: price match? (4/7/2012 4:10:36 PM)

for me it's just about "what i'll pay to take a chance on a game i'm not sure i'll like or play for an extended period of time". With my limited playing this is an important point to me. i think everyone has a different trigger point on when they'll say, "i'm not sure, but at this price i'll take a chance. If it's a game that's my thing , so to speak i will pay more and buy sooner. I like probably alot of other people have more than enough games to play or haven't finished, it's just nice to have something shiny and new.

Sarge -> RE: price match? (4/8/2012 3:42:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bairdlander

Not likely,its a "niche market".They have no choice to lower prices here.Maybe at Holiday sale.[&:]

In the early years that argument actually had some legitimacy, kind of hard making that case today looking at Matrix store front…………………………..[8|]

bairdlander -> RE: price match? (4/8/2012 5:38:44 PM)

I was being sarcastic

bairdlander -> RE: price match? (9/1/2012 2:04:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sarge

quote:

In the early years that argument actually had some legitimacy, kind of hard making that case today looking at Matrix store front…………………………..[8|]

Strange,you disagree when I say "They have no choice to lower prices" yet you also disagree when I say some titles should be lower in a similiar thread.[sm=crazy.gif]Which is it?

Hertston -> RE: price match? (9/1/2012 5:01:27 PM)

quote:

Strange,you disagree when I say "They have no choice to lower prices" yet you also disagree when I say some titles should be lower in a similiar thread.[sm=crazy.gif]Which is it?

Actually nobody said Matrix couldn't lower prices. They have frequent sales on individual products, as well as the usual Xmas sale, and actually a fair few prices have been lowered permanently. What was argued was that selling at give-away prices Steam-style might be counter-productive. The whole issue is only relevant to games on Matrix distribute anyway, for anything else if it's on sale dirt cheap elsewhere then just buy it elsewhere.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI