Map Maker Err Message (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Tech Support

k9mike -> Map Maker Err Message (3/31/2012 11:16:16 PM)

Cant open map maker. Gives me an err message about Cant operate =32 bit or something like that. I have mine set to 32 bit so not sure why it wont open application.

Rick -> RE: Map Maker Err Message (3/31/2012 11:27:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: k9mike

Cant open map maker. Gives me an err message about Cant operate =32 bit or something like that. I have mine set to 32 bit so not sure why it wont open application.

This might be referring to your color bit depth? Perhaps your default desktop? Can you post a screenshot of the error message?

Thanks
rick

k9mike -> RE: Map Maker Err Message (4/1/2012 6:25:27 AM)

Tried to do a screenshot and cant get it to come out.....Here is what it says.
Cant run application: Minimum Color Depth= 32bit

Mike

Well, I got it fixed...Seems my PC was set at 16 bit...not sure how it got bumped down to that...[&:]
Thx all anyway

Rick -> RE: Map Maker Err Message (4/1/2012 6:58:09 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: k9mike

Tried to do a screenshot and cant get it to come out.....Here is what it says.
Cant run application: Minimum Color Depth= 32bit

Mike

Well, I got it fixed...Seems my PC was set at 16 bit...not sure how it got bumped down to that...[&:]
Thx all anyway

Glad you found the problem!

thanks for letting us know.

Rick

k9mike -> RE: Map Maker Err Message (4/1/2012 9:40:43 PM)

No Problem, as always...Thanks for quick replies and help Rick. [;)]
Not very familiar with this Map Maker...Was hoping to make a Kurland Battle...
Mike

k9mike -> RE: Map Maker Err Message (4/2/2012 6:44:54 PM)

Rick, I have run into another problem and need to send you picture of what it is doing. I cant post the picture here as it does not support how it was save, and I dont have any software to convert it. Please PM me with your email so I can send it to you.
Mike

[image]local://upfiles/22684/E152F5DF01B84E25ADC23A150CB13F8C.jpg[/image]

junk2drive -> RE: Map Maker Err Message (4/3/2012 2:44:04 AM)

Windows comes with a program called Paint. You should be able to open your picture with it and save it as another format like jpeg.

k9mike -> RE: Map Maker Err Message (4/3/2012 3:22:38 AM)

Thanks...didnt know you could change the format on what you wanted saved in that program. See above post for what I am having troubles with. This is what I get when I am trying to import the map.

junk2drive -> RE: Map Maker Err Message (4/3/2012 4:14:09 AM)

The map maker uses DEM files to get elevations. The game comes with the files for the area of the East Front where the battles take place. If you are wanting to map another area of the earth, you need to go to the SRTM website and get the DEM file.

junk2drive -> RE: Map Maker Err Message (4/3/2012 4:16:05 AM)

There is a link to the website and some other tips in this thread

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2937707

k9mike -> RE: Map Maker Err Message (4/3/2012 4:49:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

The map maker uses DEM files to get elevations. The game comes with the files for the area of the East Front where the battles take place. If you are wanting to map another area of the earth, you need to go to the SRTM website and get the DEM file.

The thing is...I was using an area on the Eastern Front. Maybe cause it was not in a common area. (Near Baltic) This is a Extreme Late War Scenario I was going to make. It involves small engagement near the "Vistula Lagoon". It happened on May 6th 1945. Any ideas?
Mike

junk2drive -> RE: Map Maker Err Message (4/3/2012 5:04:50 AM)

Yes, do as I suggested and look at the other post. It lists the DEMs that come with the game. You need a copy of 42.01 to do a map of your area.

k9mike -> RE: Map Maker Err Message (4/3/2012 6:27:41 AM)

Thx, got it. Just not sure about making map. This editor is kind tough...

junk2drive -> RE: Map Maker Err Message (4/3/2012 2:16:56 PM)

Yes it is. I've only tried a couple of times. Rick is the man to ask but he is off the grid for a week.

k9mike -> RE: Map Maker Err Message (4/3/2012 7:12:58 PM)

Yah, He told me via email. Not sure going to be able to make a map. I tried, even with a utube tutorial....Still not coming out right. Thx alot for the help. [:)]

Mad Russian -> RE: Map Maker Err Message (4/4/2012 4:54:06 PM)

Use this step by step guide.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2801622

If you still have troubles then I can try to help.

I have a little experience with Map Maker.

I'm sure Rick has more experience with the program but maybe we can at least get you started while he's gone.

Good Hunting.

MR

k9mike -> RE: Map Maker Err Message (4/4/2012 9:04:13 PM)

Thx MR. Guess maybe will try to give it another shot. Appreciate all the help. MR...Do you play any H2H on this game? My name is k9mike in dropbox...If you would like to play one give me a howler. [;)]
Mike

Rick -> RE: Map Maker Err Message (4/7/2012 12:30:21 AM)

I'm sure MR will be able to help. He's made quite a few maps with Map Maker. I only have some internet access for a couple of days, and I don't have PCO with me.

Good luck!
Rick

Mad Russian -> RE: Map Maker Err Message (4/8/2012 2:14:51 AM)

I haven't been involved in PCO for awhile now. I have a new job and it creates some sporadic free time for me.

I might be inclined to start playing some games when we find out if the code is finally set.

Good Hunting.

MR

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.806641E-02