how far...? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris

jnpoint -> how far...? (3/27/2012 8:14:22 PM)

I'm new to this game, and can't find information about a few things.

Is there a simple way to get an visually overview of the following:

- how far artillery shoot? or which hexes artillery covers?
- how many hexes air support covers? or where fighters provide support against air attack?

genehaynes -> RE: how far...? (3/28/2012 12:52:33 AM)

I'm pretty sure all types of artillery have a range of two hexes.

Selecting a fighter unit and clicking on the "recon" button displays the hexes in range of fighter cover. You can set the % of readiness at which the fighter will attempt an intercept (INTC=%, located next to the picture). The closer to your fighter's base the greater the chance of intercept.

If I'm wrong on any of this hopefully someone will correct me.

Harold251 -> RE: how far...? (3/28/2012 7:35:57 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: genehaynes
If I'm wrong on any of this hopefully someone will correct me.

gentleman[image]http://www.infoocean.info/avatar2.jpg[/image]

jnpoint -> RE: how far...? (3/28/2012 8:40:01 AM)

So there isn't a colored overlay like the supply overlay, so I can see it all in a glance?! I have to click every single plane to see where I have air support, if I understand you correctly.

genehaynes -> RE: how far...? (3/28/2012 1:33:40 PM)

You are correct, there is no color overlay that displays "overall" fighter cover.

Now, I am by no means an expert at this game, but I find that, playing the Germans in Case White and Case Yellow, fighter cover is not that important because your opposition doesn't have a lot of air power. If you're not playing the Germans I think the best you can do is base your "meager" fighter forces close to any objectives you want them to protect, set the INCP value and hope for the best:) Haven't progressed to the other scenarios, so I can't comment on them. For example, Operation Sea Lion may be a different story.

I'd be interested to hear some opinions from the folks who are much more knowledgable about the game than I.

rosseau -> RE: how far...? (3/29/2012 4:45:02 AM)

Same question here.

And while we're at it...what do the small red and white boxes with a number inside them mean during the combat results display? thanks

jnpoint -> RE: how far...? (3/29/2012 9:02:02 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rosseau

Same question here.

And while we're at it...what do the small red and white boxes with a number inside them mean during the combat results display? thanks

the red boxes mean dead. The white..??

Keunert -> RE: how far...? (3/29/2012 10:00:09 AM)

white means retreated, this shows the amount of units that had to give up their positions. in other words the white units indicate how much entrenchment was lost.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.171875E-02