Andrew Loveridge -> Combat Command ME Public v1.04 Beta Available! (3/20/2012 2:13:24 PM)
There is a Beta available for v1.04 in the Members Club. Please give it a try, if you are willing to work with a beta version. It corrects the Withdrawal issues as well as the other changes listed below.
Changes for Release 1.04
1) Units not withdrawing
Legal withdrawal hexes were limited to hexes that are further from the enemy than the unit's current hex. This could cause a unit to become 'boxed in' and not withdraw at all.
If a unit cannot withdraw under the above constraints, the check is done again allowing a unit to move to hexes equidistant to the enemy
2) Infinite Assualt Hex Loop after Reload
If the game is saved after the assault combat is completed but before the phase is ended, the game will not be able to continue upon loading.
Game now displays "End Phase" button instead of "Next Assault Hex" button.
3) Overstacking Advancement
Description: Units could overstack a hex during Advancement
Resolution: Units can no long advance into a hex that would cause overstacking to occur.
4) Withdraw Enhancement
If a unit cannot full withdraw, it will now take a hit of damage. The announcement will reflect this.
5) Fort Levels
When a unit loses its fortification levels, the reason is added to the message.
6) Scenario Editor Graphics File
Can now select from a list of what comes with the game in addition to typing in your own
7) Number of message retained has been increased to 500. Only 200 are saved in the save game though.
8) If you add WriteLog=1 to CombatComman.ini, all messages will be written to GameLog.txt as well.
- This is technically a debugging tool and therefore never cleans itself out. Use at your own risk as all (verbose) messages are written.
9) Corrected display of Pilot Experience and Anti-Aircraft values in Scenario dialog.
10) Contact Modifier now displays correctly in game's Scenario dialog.