Ten Beta Testers needed for World in Flames (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Karlis Rutins -> Ten Beta Testers needed for World in Flames (3/16/2012 8:45:14 PM)

World in Flames is Matrix Gamesí computer version of Australian Design Groupís classic board game. Covering both the European and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II, World in Flames is global in scope while simulating each branch of service in detail. Land units are corps and army level, supplemented with specialized divisions. Naval units include individual counters for every carrier, battleship, cruiser, and light cruiser in the war. Air units represent groups of 250 to 500 airplanes displayed on screen using 1000+ unique bitmapped images. With 6000+ unique units, 250+ countries, and a global map of 70,200 hexes, World in Flames is the premier World War II grand strategy game.

World In Flames covers every unit in every theater of operations, making it possible to play out all of World War II in a single unified game system

All 11 scenarios from World in Flames Final Edition are included and they range from the small 5 turn Barbarossa offensive in Russia and the 5 turn Guadalcanal battle in the Pacific, through to the 36 turn Global War campaign which spans all of Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia, the Atlantic, and the Pacific. You can play either the Axis or the Allied side or take the role of one of the 8 major powers. Besides solitaire and head-to-head, you can play over the Internet or by email (PBEM). The last two modes of play permit team play with up to 6 players (3 per side).

In addition to the full set of rules from World in Flames, Final Edition, there are 80 optional rules. Under the optional rules section you can choose to include the World in Flames expansion modules: Ships in Flames, Planes in Flames, Carrier Planes in Flames, Cruisers in Flames, Convoys in Flames, and others.

During its illustrious history, the World In Flames system has been honored with Game of the Year, State of the Art, Best 20th Century Game and Game of the Decade awards. Since its initial release, World In Flames has been supported by numerous updates, expansion and new editions incorporating countless hours of play testing.

If you are interested in making your contribution to this game and have played WIF let me know by sending me an email to karlisr@matrixgames.com. The game is scheduled for release this year. No more than ten Beta Tester will be accepted.

USS America -> RE: Ten Beta Testers needed for World in Flames (6/4/2012 9:40:52 PM)

Wow, I don't come to the General Discussion forum enough. I sure wish I had more time available, as I would love to help test this title. I'm a software QA analyst by profession, so it would be a lot of fun to work with such enjoyable material.

I guess I will have to wait for this beauty to be released before I won't have time to play it! [:D]

Terminus -> RE: Ten Beta Testers needed for World in Flames (6/4/2012 9:44:02 PM)

Erm, Mike...? That post is two and a half months old...

Empire101 -> RE: Ten Beta Testers needed for World in Flames (6/5/2012 11:22:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Crap!!

I keep missing the siren call of World in Flames

[sm=sad-1361.gif]

Orm -> RE: Ten Beta Testers needed for World in Flames (6/5/2012 11:48:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Empire101

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Crap!!

I keep missing the siren call of World in Flames

[sm=sad-1361.gif]

If you truly want to be part of the team testing MWIF you could always send an application now. They can do no more than to turn it down and they might accept it.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI