Future of The Operational Art of War? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III

SkullKid -> Future of The Operational Art of War? (3/15/2012 7:15:39 PM)

I was recently thinking: When will The Operational Art of War IV be released? Will it ever be? Of course I will buy it if it does! [:)]

orabera -> RE: Future of The Operational Art of War? (3/15/2012 9:14:48 PM)

me too.

Josh -> RE: Future of The Operational Art of War? (3/15/2012 10:48:40 PM)

Good question. I always considered War in the East, and the upcoming Wit-West as its spiritual successor.
But maybe there *is* a TOAW IV in the pipeline... [&:]

Shazman -> RE: Future of The Operational Art of War? (3/16/2012 1:30:59 AM)

WitE is not a very good wargame. It's a good game. Anytime someone takes a wargame and throws out time and space then that wargame is simply a loose interpretation of historical events made to be 'fun'. Some of the things you can do in this game is totally science fiction. Bah. Gone over this so many times it makes me sick.

The only good thing about WitE is the production side of it. And even then you can churn out loads of the 'best' units and forget the other necessary units that the Soviets had to build.

sPzAbt653 -> RE: Future of The Operational Art of War? (3/16/2012 4:48:09 AM)

I'm hoping that there will be a TOAW IV, and that if there is that it contains an Attachment and Supply Model similar to the V4V series. Based on history, I would guess that it would be about 5 years after 3.5 before 4 arrives. Not being sarcastic or gloomy, just saying. I think it will be well worth the wait, and I would gladly pay for it also.

We might also think hypothetically that, if Matrix does decide to do a TOAW 4, that they may provide Ralph with some assistants in order to expedite the matter. That would be sweet!

SkullKid -> RE: Future of The Operational Art of War? (3/16/2012 10:54:35 AM)

Thanks a lot for all kind replies! [:)]

jmlima -> RE: Future of The Operational Art of War? (3/17/2012 11:34:54 AM)

TOAW IV? Ohhhhhhh... must resist the temptation of pulling the tumble weed...

SkullKid -> RE: Future of The Operational Art of War? (3/17/2012 12:27:23 PM)

I like the thought of The Operational Art of War IV... but I just bought TOAW III. So I can surely wait, now if the fourth version is on it's way, let the developers of TOAW take their time, I don't mind [:)]

LOK_32MK -> RE: Future of The Operational Art of War? (3/17/2012 3:31:43 PM)

Of course I would buy it!
Who wouldn't??! [8D]

SkullKid -> RE: Future of The Operational Art of War? (3/17/2012 3:58:29 PM)

Totally agree! [:)]

Olorin -> RE: Future of The Operational Art of War? (3/19/2012 11:42:08 PM)

I don't expect a IV any time soon. Maybe in 5 years...

I pray it will be rewritten from scratch and all the items in the wishlist be implemented[sm=innocent0001.gif] I would kill for such a game.

fogger -> RE: Future of The Operational Art of War? (3/20/2012 11:44:44 AM)

I have purchased about 25-30 wargames in my time with WiTE being the last one. I keep coming back to TOAW. The next game I purchase will be TOAW 4.

SkullKid -> RE: Future of The Operational Art of War? (3/20/2012 12:40:10 PM)

Agreed!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.515625E-02