Quick Editor Question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding

PanamaJack -> Quick Editor Question (3/15/2012 5:53:11 AM)

When I am in the editor and I move the position of OKH AGC AGN AGS in the editor, ie from slot 1 to slot 2 all my units turn blue when I select them. This is making me nervous continuing editing because I'm afraid it will screw up the AI. Any insight into why this happens or solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

[image]local://upfiles/37923/5DF681D67C524724A348F20350E8E95D.jpg[/image]

Helpless -> RE: Quick Editor Question (3/15/2012 9:11:08 AM)

Since you changed the slots of the "root" HQs, all your units have no HQ and are treated to be "under the same HQ" which makes them to appear with blue outline. You need to rebuild HQ links after that.

Ai is not using unit slots, it is name sensitive.

PanamaJack -> RE: Quick Editor Question (3/16/2012 2:07:40 AM)

So you would have to manually re-attach every hq in the chain? would it fine to move all units wherever you pleased and then return OKH AGN AGC and AGN to the first 4 slots when you are finished?

bcgames -> RE: Quick Editor Question (3/17/2012 3:26:25 AM)

Panamajack,

I'd like to answer your question earnestly but I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish. Moving OKH and Army Group HQs about within the editor without explanation of the objective seems like a hazardous play to me. Can you provide some detail on what you seek to achieve?

v/r

bcgames

PanamaJack -> RE: Quick Editor Question (3/17/2012 8:23:44 PM)

bcgames,

Thank you for your reply! You have helped me with past editor issues so I appreciate your help again. Basically what I am seeking to achieve is organization of the unit list. I don't like the bunch of different kinds of units scattered throughout the unit list. I would like to organize it and have it as a foundation for future modding. So I am mostly wondering what the effect of doing this is. Like is organizing all German artillery together and all delayed units together etc. I noticed that after about 2 hours of cutting pasting units around made all the units blue lol. I found out the culprit was moving those specific HQ units. I have no problem with just moving them back to their original slots after editing, I'm just unsure if I wasted 2 hours of editing and if the unit list order has negative impacts on the game.

bcgames -> RE: Quick Editor Question (3/18/2012 5:39:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PanamaJack
Basically what I am seeking to achieve is organization of the unit list. I don't like the bunch of different kinds of units scattered throughout the unit list. I would like to organize it and have it as a foundation for future modding. So I am mostly wondering what the effect of doing this is.

You should be O.K. re-organizing an existing unit list to suit your needs using the editor. I did this myself in several scenarios I created using a portion of a stock WITE scenario. I like to have all the units of a HQ listed directly under that HQ unit. This helps me make sure I have everyone accounted for.

PanamaJack -> RE: Quick Editor Question (3/18/2012 8:35:40 PM)

Great News! Do I have to reattach every hq in the chain afterwards to prevents all units becoming blue? Or just move OKH, AGN, AGC and AGS to slots 1-4 afterwards?

bcgames -> RE: Quick Editor Question (3/18/2012 10:32:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PanamaJack

Do I have to reattach every hq in the chain afterwards to prevents all units becoming blue?

You have to reattach every hq and/or unit that no longer has the appropriate/desired superior HQs.

I have been unable to replicate an all blue situation such as yours. I've moved those HQs on the unit list and even deleted them without getting the all blue situation. Bottomline is if everything has been detached for whatever reason it all has to be reattached to the appropriate superior HQs. There's no silver bullet that I know of to bring those HQ links back without starting over. Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

PanamaJack -> RE: Quick Editor Question (3/19/2012 2:12:55 AM)

Ok I guess I will have to go through and do that. I have a clean install of the newest patch and DTTD. If I load a fresh 1941 GC in the editor and insert even one line above OKH I get blue on everything. Maybe I should try a fresh install again. Thanks for your help bcgames. I appreciate it.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.734375E-02