Romanian and Southern Front activation (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support

randallw -> Romanian and Southern Front activation (3/3/2012 7:39:50 AM)

I'm using the 1.06.4 patch. Southern Front units seemed to have gone active on ( Soviet ) turn 2, but the Romanians didn't get moving on the Axis turn 2. Is this some kind of change?

This is against the AI, so there was no Lvov pocket to link up with the Romanians early.

elmo3 -> RE: Romanian and Southern Front activation (3/6/2012 3:36:47 PM)

Here is the part of rule 23.3.1 that I think covers what you are seeing:

quote:

The Rumanian Front (both Axis and Soviet units in this area) is frozen on turns 1 and 2. Axis and Soviet ground units in this area can't move, air units may move and fly missions. During a Soviet Logistics phase, if Axis forces control any hex that is both east of hex column 51 and in a hex row between 89 and 94 (all inclusive), then these forces will unfreeze.

So if the Germans do not link up with the Rumanians then Southern Front units can't move until turn 3. However if you are playing as the Soviets with Fog of War turned on you may not have seen the linkup. Does that answer your question?

randallw -> RE: Romanian and Southern Front activation (3/6/2012 6:12:25 PM)

As far as I could notice there were no German units getting that close to the activation area on turn 2.

elmo3 -> RE: Romanian and Southern Front activation (3/6/2012 8:09:07 PM)

OK do you have a save file that shows the problem that you can post here or send to me?

randallw -> RE: Romanian and Southern Front activation (3/7/2012 12:04:06 AM)

Okay, here is turn 1 ( Soviet ), after I have moved all the units I want to, air moves, and whatever else; from here I ended the turn.

randallw -> RE: Romanian and Southern Front activation (3/7/2012 12:08:20 AM)

Now here is the game after the AI ( Axis ) turn 2. Note how the Southern Front units can move ( for Soviet turn 2 ). I don't notice any German units linked up with the Romanians.

Joel Billings -> RE: Romanian and Southern Front activation (3/7/2012 12:57:43 AM)

Axis control a hex in row 89(52,89), thus triggering Soviet unfreezing.

23.3.1. FROZEN UNITS, GEOGRAPHICAL MOVEMENT
RESTRICTIONS AND HQ CONVERSION
The Rumanian Front (both Axis and Soviet units in this area) is frozen on turns 1 and 2. Axis
and Soviet ground units in this area canít move, air units may move and fly missions. During a
Soviet Logistics phase, if Axis forces control any hex that is both east of hex column 51 and in
a hex row between 89 and 94 (all inclusive), then these forces will unfreeze.

randallw -> RE: Romanian and Southern Front activation (3/7/2012 2:56:24 AM)

Ooohhh I see it now; they just barely squiggled into that area. I was used to looking a little farther east, and how human Axis like to make the linkup. No bug then. [:D]

elmo3 -> RE: Romanian and Southern Front activation (3/7/2012 10:52:15 AM)

OK glad you figured it out.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.171875E-02