Support Elements in Axis Airbases (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

DorianGray -> Support Elements in Axis Airbases (2/23/2012 4:59:02 PM)

Something does not seem right with GE Airbases only having 250 Support Elements;

While RO Airbases having 500 Support Elements ???

Given the max aircraft restrictions on the RO aircraft units, I'm not even sure if it is possible to come close to needing 500 Support Elements in RO Airbases. While with the GE, it is very easy max out airbase support simply by leaving original scenario assigned aircraft in place.

This seems wrong that GE airbases are not able to support a full Kampfgeschwader (of only 4 aircraft units), while they would be fully supported by their RO counterparts.

I have a hard time with a GE axis-ally being better able to logistically support GE aircraft than GE themselves.

LiquidSky -> RE: Support Elements in Axis Airbases (2/23/2012 7:10:56 PM)

The HQ will also lend support down to the airbases so you cannot just go by the airbase itself.

Denniss -> RE: Support Elements in Axis Airbases (2/23/2012 8:37:51 PM)

Yes - 500 support elements sound odd. I forwarded the thread to the TOE designer - it might have a purpose or is just a leftover. At least these airbases are a nice source of manpower.

DorianGray -> RE: Support Elements in Axis Airbases (2/23/2012 9:33:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LiquidSky

The HQ will also lend support down to the airbases so you cannot just go by the airbase itself.

The *adjusted* support values appear to be in the range of 260-280. Nothing nearly close to 500 as is provided in the RO Airbases.

gingerbread -> RE: Support Elements in Axis Airbases (2/24/2012 2:09:38 AM)

An Air HQ will only provide support towards the ground elements (AA guns) in the airbase, so it will free up some of the support squads to work on the air craft.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02