Doesn't work after installation (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Tech Support

lukoi66 -> Doesn't work after installation (2/19/2012 6:07:11 AM)

Downloaded CCLSA to my brand new laptop tonight. When i start the game and let the splash screen/intro to occur I see it end, a loading bar comes up for a brief second and the cursor changes to the ingame cursor over a black screen.

And then nothing else. The game just hangs basically.

Really could use som quick help with this.

Running windows 7-64, on a i7 26700QM 2.2ghz, 8GB ram with GeForce 555M graphics card.

Any ideas?

Steve McClaire -> RE: Doesn't work after installation (2/19/2012 5:34:17 PM)

It sounds like there is a problem with showing the introduction videos. Here are a few things you can try:

- When you get to the black screen, hit SPACE or ESC. This may let you skip through the videos and reach the main screen.

- Hold down the CTRL key while you're starting up the game (right after you click the icon to launch it). This should bring up the options dialog immediately, before the game tries to play the videos. Turn videos off and see if you can continue to play.

- Alternately, you can try brining up the options dialog and telling the game to run in windowed mode. But this may or may not work depending on the problem.

lukoi66 -> RE: Doesn't work after installation (2/19/2012 5:44:11 PM)

Thanks Steve.

I used the compatibility feature of windows7 to revert this to windows 95 which seems to be working so far. I'll try to reset it to win7 capability later and try your recommendation as well, but now that I've got what appears to be a work around, I'm sure it will go smooth!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.367188E-02