RE: Looking for participats in 6-player game (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Opponents Wanted

derstralle -> RE: Looking for participats in 6-player game (2/10/2012 11:08:00 PM)

Turn for Kraftwerk ready. [:)]

I live in a town near Düsseldorf, Germany and usually play my turns in the evening. During weekends I might take my turn more often.

Kraftwerk -> RE: Looking for participats in 6-player game (2/10/2012 11:19:05 PM)

Heh well I couldnt be happier with my start spot. The Island Of Soviet People's Republics will now begin seeing diplomats from foreign nations, its factories are prepared to be leased to the highest bidder. lol.

Kraftwerk -> RE: Looking for participats in 6-player game (2/10/2012 11:27:00 PM)

To Sailing guy

SailingGuy -> RE: Looking for participats in 6-player game (2/11/2012 2:55:17 AM)

turn 2 to TPM

TPM -> RE: Looking for participats in 6-player game (2/11/2012 5:23:33 AM)

Turn to JAG

derstralle -> RE: Looking for participats in 6-player game (2/12/2012 11:22:04 AM)

Turn for Kraftwerk ready.

Kraftwerk -> RE: Looking for participats in 6-player game (2/12/2012 4:50:51 PM)

To Sailing guy

SailingGuy -> RE: Looking for participats in 6-player game (2/12/2012 11:44:06 PM)

Turn 3 to TPM

TPM -> RE: Looking for participats in 6-player game (2/13/2012 7:24:10 AM)

My turn 3 to JAG...

Kraftwerk -> RE: Looking for participats in 6-player game (2/14/2012 9:31:37 PM)

Other games are beating us! Gotta get back to the top :) Jag get his turn done?

Jay Doubleyou -> RE: Looking for participats in 6-player game (2/14/2012 9:49:49 PM)

I doubt it, since the turn in dropbox says to TPM....

Kraftwerk -> RE: Looking for participats in 6-player game (2/14/2012 10:24:32 PM)

I noticed that. He (TPM) posted he did it up there above my post, thought perhaps Jag got it.

TPM -> RE: Looking for participats in 6-player game (2/15/2012 4:08:43 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kraftwerk

I noticed that. He (TPM) posted he did it up there above my post, thought perhaps Jag got it.

Well, now I'm confused...is it my turn again? Why does it say turn 3, it should be turn 4? Need a little help here...

TPM -> RE: Looking for participats in 6-player game (2/15/2012 4:14:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TPM

quote:

Well, now I'm confused...is it my turn again? Why does it say turn 3, it should be turn 4? Need a little help here...

I believe the turn that comes to me should say "Turn04 - ToTPM"...then when I finish that turn (which is my 4th turn) I name the file "Turn04 - ToJAG". JAG should be the only one changing the turn number since he is the first player...we should all be keeping the number of the file the same as the number of the turn you've just taken....

Kraftwerk -> RE: Looking for participats in 6-player game (2/15/2012 2:00:28 PM)

The next turn that should come to you should be Turn04-ToTPM, and you would rename that to Turn05-ToJag when you finish that turn, save it, and upload it to DB, as your the last player before a new turn. Since its processed your turn, its no longer on Turn 3. It would be Jags turn 5 (tho i can see why Jag could be the one changing it too) Lemmie check the drop box and see what file it is thats in there. I had actually renamed your file from turn 1 to turn turn 2 on the first turn to correct that, perhaps thats where the link has broken this time. One moment.

Kraftwerk -> RE: Looking for participats in 6-player game (2/15/2012 2:02:22 PM)

The turn in the drop box is TPMs turn #3 (It is The Republic's turn).

When you do that turn TPM, and hit end turn, when you save it, name it Turn04-ToJag.

If you did that, then Jag has pulled the turn from the dropbox and has not yet completed it, and thats where the hold up is. I was confused as well.

TPM -> RE: Looking for participats in 6-player game (2/15/2012 6:14:24 PM)

quote:

The turn in the drop box is TPMs turn #3 (It is The Republic's turn).

When you do that turn TPM, and hit end turn, when you save it, name it Turn04-ToJag.

If you did that, then Jag has pulled the turn from the dropbox and has not yet completed it, and thats where the hold up is. I was confused as well.

OK sounds good...I'm going to check my files tonight to make sure...maybe I didn't upload JAG's turn into Dropbox. In any event, I'll do as you say...when I'm finished with my turn, I'll advance the number of the file. But just so that my understanding is correct:

The number on the file reflects the turn number that the next player (in my case, JAG) is about to take, NOT the turn you yourself have just taken.

Therefore, when SAI finishes his turn 3, he names the file "Turn03 - ToTPM", but when I finish my turn 3, I name the file "Turn04 - ToJAG".

Don't mean to belabor this, sorry.

Kraftwerk -> RE: Looking for participats in 6-player game (2/15/2012 10:14:09 PM)

Aye that was my understanding, that you name the file for the turn theyre about to take, not the turn that was just taken by the player. So the last guy to go would always change the turn #.

If I was last id do it, if Jag was last he'd do it. Twas the way I understood it at least. That way in the old turns directory, we can go back and look at any past turn. If you named it the turn # you just did, there would be two Jag Turn #1s, the first one he did, as well as the one the last player sent to him, that would overwrite the file every time and the first player would be a lil lost when he went back to see his turn #7 or something and look at what happened that turn. For AARs thats a good way to do it, so by say turn #20, you can go back and post screen shots and an AAR where all the information is now out of date and everyone in the game can read along :)

Once we get further in I was gonna try and do that, since were saving our old turns.

TPM -> RE: Looking for participats in 6-player game (2/15/2012 11:42:44 PM)

quote:

Aye that was my understanding, that you name the file for the turn theyre about to take, not the turn that was just taken by the player. So the last guy to go would always change the turn #.

If I was last id do it, if Jag was last he'd do it. Twas the way I understood it at least. That way in the old turns directory, we can go back and look at any past turn. If you named it the turn # you just did, there would be two Jag Turn #1s, the first one he did, as well as the one the last player sent to him, that would overwrite the file every time and the first player would be a lil lost when he went back to see his turn #7 or something and look at what happened that turn. For AARs thats a good way to do it, so by say turn #20, you can go back and post screen shots and an AAR where all the information is now out of date and everyone in the game can read along :)

Once we get further in I was gonna try and do that, since were saving our old turns.

Sounds good, I'll do this going ahead...will take a look tonight to see if I'm on track.

jagular -> RE: Looking for participats in 6-player game (2/16/2012 10:17:33 AM)

Kraftwerk is correct wth the turn numbering. The last player should renumber the turn on the file-name.
Issue is still that I don't see my turn in the dropbox. I only see the one for TPM. I opened it to see if it could have been mine, but it wasn't.
TPM: can you either redo this turn or reupload my turn?

Kraftwerk -> RE: Looking for participats in 6-player game (2/16/2012 1:30:08 PM)

Wish I woulda said something sooner, I noticed this monday lol.

TPM -> RE: Looking for participats in 6-player game (2/16/2012 3:07:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jagular

Kraftwerk is correct wth the turn numbering. The last player should renumber the turn on the file-name.
Issue is still that I don't see my turn in the dropbox. I only see the one for TPM. I opened it to see if it could have been mine, but it wasn't.
TPM: can you either redo this turn or reupload my turn?

Jag -

Try the turn that is in there now, marked as Turn 04...if that's not it, then I'll redo my turn. Thanks.

derstralle -> RE: Looking for participats in 6-player game (2/17/2012 7:09:14 PM)

Turn for Kraftwerk ready.

A schedule who controls which regime might be a good idea. I control the States.

Kraftwerk -> RE: Looking for participats in 6-player game (2/17/2012 7:21:15 PM)

Looks like we already have an alliance, I have the soviets.

Kraftwerk -> RE: Looking for participats in 6-player game (2/17/2012 7:24:14 PM)

Turn to Sailing guy. Any one figured out what alliance size were doing? 3v3? 2v2v2?

derstralle -> RE: Looking for participats in 6-player game (2/17/2012 10:44:36 PM)

quote:

Turn to Sailing guy. Any one figured out what alliance size were doing? 3v3? 2v2v2?

I sort of made a decision regarding to this question by accepting an alliance and offering another to Nippon on terms which are too good to be rejected. [;)]
I hope you're all happy with this.. if not you should bribe Nippon to reject my offer... [;)]

Kraftwerk -> RE: Looking for participats in 6-player game (2/18/2012 4:30:51 AM)

lol Looks like the soviets better prepare to weather a storm then, stuck alone with 3 enemy nations >:)

SailingGuy -> RE: Looking for participats in 6-player game (2/18/2012 1:53:47 PM)

Nippon accepted alliance with The States.[:)]

Turn to TPM.

Kraftwerk -> RE: Looking for participats in 6-player game (2/18/2012 4:03:18 PM)

Call me crazy but. Good Game. lol.

Unless someone comes to save me, gonna be 3 vs 2 really fast.

TPM -> RE: Looking for participats in 6-player game (2/18/2012 4:27:53 PM)

OK, turn 5 to JAG

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
7.421875E-02