Luxury Resource Extractor Question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series

Interesting -> Luxury Resource Extractor Question (2/3/2012 4:40:00 AM)

Im manually controlling my constructors and my designs.
So when I find a planet that has a luxury resource, I plan on choosing my Mining Station design that has more luxury resource extractors, while still having a few, but less normal extractors.

I read somewhere that there is ANOTHER HIDDEN MECHANIC ON THE GAME, regarding a CAP of resources extracted PER TICK. Wich seems to happen every 7 days or so regarding mining on stations and 14 days on ships.

Question is, what is the cap for luxuries? In other words, what is the amount of luxury resource extractors I have to put on my designs so that I can remain within 80-120% of the CAP?

How do I verify/calculate the cap for luxury resources? How do I verify the cap for fuel, common, strategical resources in gas giants and planets?

Thanks in advance.

Nedrear -> RE: Luxury Resource Extractor Question (2/3/2012 10:26:04 AM)

My thread told you luxury and mining ressources are the same regarding extraction rates and cap. You only have to adjust the total amount of extraction following the calculation and your tech level.

feelotraveller -> RE: Luxury Resource Extractor Question (2/3/2012 1:26:52 PM)

You can verify the cap by setting up test cases with the editor.

Mining stations extract resources every six days. You can confirm this for yourself... [;)]

jpwrunyan -> RE: Luxury Resource Extractor Question (2/7/2012 2:56:39 AM)

I believe the extraction cap for luxuries is the same as for strategic resources, which is 10. So if your station has an extraction rating over 10 you may be wasting space, money, and maintenance on unnecessary extractor components.

Extractor components rarely add up evenly to 10 though.

Hope that helps.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.171875E-02