Unit Viewer Mod (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Maps, Models and Mods

dazoline II -> Unit Viewer Mod (1/24/2012 2:49:58 PM)

Hello,

At Junk's request I've decoupled the unit viewer from my next version MoreRandomOptions mod as it was mostly complete and just sitting waiting for me to complete the version.

Install:
The zip file contains an hta file and several css and js files. Place the UV.hta file in the root of the PCO folder (where you see the other hta files) and the rest of the files in the Editor folder. To run the unit viewer double click on the UV.hta file or open it using IE 6.0 or higher (Tested with IE 8).

Notes:
- The unit field uses autocomplete to display the entire XML file list of units. Type in 'p' in the field to start.
- The date field only affects the ammo types display as they are available, it doesn't modify the autocomplete list of units.
- I haven't checked every single file to ensure it displays but there are some that have files missing (could be my lookup procedure) German Fsjager 41.xml or missing info 150mm Towed Artillery.xml has no description. I'm sure there are others and hopefully wider use of this viewer and the files will bring all issues to light.

Change List:
v 1.0.2
- Fixed lookup for FJ MGs and Rifle gernades.
- Added Junk2Drive's UV icon for shortcuts.

v 1.0.1
- Unit list had incomplete list of all units, fixed.

Please notify me of any issues you have.
Enjoy!

Mad Russian -> RE: Unit Viewer Mod (1/24/2012 4:46:29 PM)

Thanks for all the work you've done on this.

Good Hunting.

MR

junk2drive -> RE: Unit Viewer Mod (1/25/2012 12:41:19 AM)

Thanks for taking your valuable time for this. It may help us ferret out some errors and make the game better.

junk2drive -> RE: Unit Viewer Mod (1/25/2012 1:03:45 PM)

The FJs have the wrong gun id.

dazoline II -> RE: Unit Viewer Mod (1/25/2012 1:41:51 PM)

So its an issue with the xml rather than with the lookup?

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

The FJs have the wrong gun id.

junk2drive -> RE: Unit Viewer Mod (1/25/2012 1:46:11 PM)

Correct.

And the 150 Towed does not have a description in the xml. We will fix that and the FJs for the next update.

Rick -> RE: Unit Viewer Mod (1/25/2012 8:40:43 PM)

quote:

I haven't checked every single file to ensure it displays but there are some that have files missing (could be my lookup procedure) German Fsjager 41.xml

Daz,

I've looked at the FSJager unit xmls but didn't see a problem with the unit file or gun file. The unit xml makes reference to a gunid. That gunid should match one and only one "type" attribute in a gun xml. for example, the German FSjager 41 unit references a gunid of "1941 Fsjager w/MG-34". That gunid matches a "type" attribute in the gun xml 1941 Fallschirmjager Squad with MG-34.xml.

Thanks
rick

dazoline II -> RE: Unit Viewer Mod (1/26/2012 12:43:39 AM)

Your right Rick.
Looks like the lookup routine is not getting those files for some reason. I'll have to look at it.

junk2drive -> RE: Unit Viewer Mod (1/27/2012 1:44:55 PM)

Daz is the UV preloaded with the units in PCO? I have a Japanese Chi Ha xml, as German, using a Soviet tank model. It displays in the Scenario editor with the PID button but not in UV.

dazoline II -> RE: Unit Viewer Mod (1/27/2012 2:18:03 PM)

The UV browses the Data/ArmoredUnits and Data/Infantry folders and picks up all the xml files located in thoses areas. The dropdown menu displays the name of the file not necessarily the name of the unit id.

quote:

Daz is the UV preloaded with the units in PCO? I have a Japanese Chi Ha xml, as German, using a Soviet tank model. It displays in the Scenario editor with the PID button but not in UV.

junk2drive -> RE: Unit Viewer Mod (1/27/2012 2:28:42 PM)

My xml name is Chi Ha and the type= is Chi Ha, nothing shows in UV no matter how many letters I type in.

Is there a year limit or something else I could look at?

dazoline II -> RE: Unit Viewer Mod (1/27/2012 3:37:15 PM)

Attach the file and I'll see if I can load it up in mine or at least debug it.

junk2drive -> RE: Unit Viewer Mod (1/27/2012 6:51:56 PM)

JSGME ready, unit, gun, test scenario

Thanks

dazoline II -> RE: Unit Viewer Mod (1/27/2012 8:10:59 PM)

I've uploaded version 1.01 in the original post above.
Seems I was over writing part of the options for the autocomplete list.

Thanks for the heads up.

junk2drive -> RE: Unit Viewer Mod (1/28/2012 1:21:30 AM)

Thanks for the quick fix.

Any word on the FJ guns error?

junk2drive -> RE: Unit Viewer Mod (1/28/2012 2:45:08 AM)

Looking at the code where I get the error, it looks like you are replacing file names with gun names. In that case try Fallshirmjager and Fsjager.

junk2drive -> RE: Unit Viewer Mod (1/28/2012 3:00:58 AM)

I tried that and still get an error that it can't open the Fsjager /MG-34 file, then the error for the generator.js no loadout section.

The 1941 FJ has two weapons

<guns>
<gun gunid="1941 Fsjager w/MG-34" rof="11"/>
<gun gunid="GG/P 40" rof="2">
<ammo date="12/31/1945" loadout="HEAT=5" />
</gun>
<gun gunid="Smoke Grenade" rof="1"/>
</guns>

but only the rifle grenade GGP40 has an ammo amount.

junk2drive -> RE: Unit Viewer Mod (1/28/2012 1:57:19 PM)

I don't think the name replacing works well as I removed the ammo loadout from the 1941 FJ xml and then I got a UV error for the model set. It may be a quick workaround for things that are common but not so elegant for names that are mangled through the xmls.

junk2drive -> RE: Unit Viewer Mod (1/28/2012 3:47:19 PM)

Here is an icon for your desktop shortcut.

dazoline II -> RE: Unit Viewer Mod (1/28/2012 7:45:01 PM)

Version 1.0.2 uploaded.
Check the first post in this thread, change log now in place there as well.

junk2drive -> RE: Unit Viewer Mod (1/28/2012 8:22:34 PM)

That fixed the FJ issue. Thanks a bunch.

junk2drive -> RE: Unit Viewer Mod (1/28/2012 8:38:06 PM)

Add to wish list, start and end dates.

dazoline II -> RE: Unit Viewer Mod (1/28/2012 10:33:08 PM)

I'm assuming unit start and end dates...
Its in the wishlist.

quote:

Add to wish list, start and end dates.

junk2drive -> RE: Unit Viewer Mod (1/29/2012 4:32:58 PM)

I had a problem displaying a gun with a tank. With our xmls a note can be added with brackets

<!-- Range accuracy 20% -->

When I removed the above, it works. Most of the time these notes are not necessary. For some reason, the same type of note in the tank xml did not seem to effect anything.

Mobius -> RE: Unit Viewer Mod (1/29/2012 5:51:18 PM)

quote:

I had a problem displaying a gun with a tank. With our xmls a note can be added with brackets

When I removed the above, it works. Most of the time these notes are not necessary. For some reason, the same type of note in the tank xml did not seem to effect anything.

Usually the note thing works. Maybe I doesn't like the "%"?
I've been putting them into experimental things as if I ever go back later to maybe add it to the game I won't wonder "How in the world did I get these numbers?"

dazoline II -> RE: Unit Viewer Mod (1/29/2012 10:36:54 PM)

I have code that skips comments for the guns data, it must not be catching it.
Can you send me the file where you put it in so I can debug it?

Thanks.

quote:

junk2drive -> RE: Unit Viewer Mod (1/29/2012 10:57:05 PM)

Copy the text above. Open the 50mmL42 xml. Paste the text after line 2 so that it is line 3. View the PZIIIG.

I use Notepad ++ to edit xmls if that makes a difference.

Or download this zip

dazoline II -> RE: Unit Viewer Mod (1/29/2012 11:18:04 PM)

Ok got it, I found two places I wasn't checking for comments.
The fix will be in the next release.

junk2drive -> RE: Unit Viewer Mod (1/29/2012 11:21:29 PM)

Thanks

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.050781E-02