Why no Stickies or Tops?! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room

mariandavid -> Why no Stickies or Tops?! (12/19/2011 12:23:46 AM)

It really is baffling that this War Room has NO tops stickies. Just from looking through the latest threads it is clear that there are some that need to be identified as such for Legends. It must be very, very discouraging for a new player to face this - no operating Wiki and no set of learning and advice stickies. Perhaps those responsible (maybe no one is!) could check the War Room of a game of comparable complexity like War in the Pacific to see what is needed.

Having vented - my thanks to those who have provided, recently and in the past, such excellent support files as are found here.

Nedrear -> RE: Why no Stickies or Tops?! (12/19/2011 12:28:42 AM)

We could just make a sticky thread and push it daily. Should work...

E.g. a thread with links to all guide threads.

Gelatinous Cube -> RE: Why no Stickies or Tops?! (12/19/2011 12:30:12 AM)

I agree. The Energy thread, Jeeves' strategy guide, the early game resource guide, and some others certainly spring to mind.

Some of that stuff is so good it ought to be in the Galactopedia.

mariandavid -> RE: Why no Stickies or Tops?! (12/19/2011 5:37:42 AM)

Nadrear: Many, many thanks for your prompt response and action!!

sabre1 -> RE: Why no Stickies or Tops?! (12/20/2011 4:50:31 PM)

Yep we need a place to deposit all this wisdom for the new guys. I'm still new, and still learning.

Sithuk -> RE: Why no Stickies or Tops?! (9/2/2012 10:45:57 AM)

Why will the mods not make stickies here? The latest sale is bringing in new players which is good, but the same old questions are coming up again and again. The guide to guides should be stickied as a minimum.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2988049

Darkspire -> RE: Why no Stickies or Tops?! (9/4/2012 3:37:33 AM)

Think you will find that it is because these things need updating on a regular basis, all of the guides are useful but to a complete noob at 4x looking for help they need to be 100% up to date, ive been playing 4x since M.U.L.E but still new to DW and am used to reading a guide and then updating any missing / out of date info myself, they have to cater for the 4x noob / computer user with tech level 0, no insult intended to anyone.
Lets be honest here, the in-game Galactopedia is incorrect and needs updating so what hope does the war room have? [8|]

Darkspire

Arcatus -> RE: Why no Stickies or Tops?! (9/4/2012 11:08:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darkspire

(...)

Lets be honest here, the in-game Galactopedia is incorrect and needs updating so what hope does the war room have? [8|]

Darkspire

Us.

[sm=Cool-049.gif]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.464844E-02