Exploration ships at war (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room

soilwork595 -> Exploration ships at war (12/15/2011 1:33:43 AM)

I noticed when I'm at war, my exploration ships will automatically go to the enemy's planets. I would assume this is to scout what is going on. The only problem is they keep getting attacked and I have a ton of pop ups for that. It doesn't bug me that they are being attacked because they can easily run away, but in the heat of battle I'll get a ton of messages that my exploration ships are under fire and mixed in are the important attacks I need to know about. I know there is the 'Under Attack' pop up option I can turn off, but I do like them for when someone is attacking a base or anything serious. I guess my grip is being cluttered with too much info at one time and only wanting to see the important things. I may have to just pause and read the messages and go from there. I would like to see if anyone else deals with this problem and or has a system to eliminate unwanted/too much info

Gelatinous Cube -> RE: Exploration ships at war (12/15/2011 2:57:11 AM)

Unfortunately, we cannot filter the attack popups yet. We can mess with them, but only as a whole--no sub-filters.

However, by changing your exploration priority in your empire policy settings to "Very High" you should be able to convince most of your AI-controlled explorers to stay away from the enemy and continue exploring.

soilwork595 -> RE: Exploration ships at war (12/15/2011 3:17:28 AM)

thanks for the tip, I think I'll do that :)

balto -> RE: Exploration ships at war (12/15/2011 5:19:11 AM)

WOW! That is a great tip. I never knew that clicky box existed. I hope that does what you think it does.

As I am typing this, I am thinking why would anyone not want this to be on "Very High?" Oh well, I just re-set it with the new Beta-Patch installed - I guess this will be a long night, and tomorrow will be pure helll at work because of this. DAMN THIS GAME!!!![;)]

Gelatinous Cube -> RE: Exploration ships at war (12/15/2011 10:28:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: balto

WOW! That is a great tip. I never knew that clicky box existed. I hope that does what you think it does.

As I am typing this, I am thinking why would anyone not want this to be on "Very High?" Oh well, I just re-set it with the new Beta-Patch installed - I guess this will be a long night, and tomorrow will be pure helll at work because of this. DAMN THIS GAME!!!![;)]

Because during a very large war on a bigger map, you want as much information on enemy systems as possible. If you have exploration priority set to Normal or lower, a good portion of your explorers will act as fairly effective scouts--keeping you up-to-date on enemy defensives and troops strengths.

Cerran -> RE: Exploration ships at war (12/16/2011 3:55:33 AM)

quote:

As I am typing this, I am thinking why would anyone not want this to be on "Very High?" Oh well, I just re-set it with the new Beta-Patch installed - I guess this will be a long night, and tomorrow will be pure helll at work because of this. DAMN THIS GAME!!!!

Testify, brother. [&o]

balto -> RE: Exploration ships at war (12/16/2011 5:35:55 AM)

I have used that Explore "Very High" setting. I am not saying it does not work, but I what I am saying is that I see no difference. My Explorers (I use a crap load of them) are doing dumb stuff and hanging around other civilizations and not exploring a heck of a lot. They have tons of fuel (I fuel-up on ALL my designs), so it is not that.

I am still going to use the VERY HIGH setting, even if it does not work. But man, I see no reason why the Explorers cannot just 'EXPLORE.' I am not a programmer, but I would think you could just code the routine to tell the ships to go to areas that are still not explored.

Gelatinous Cube -> RE: Exploration ships at war (12/16/2011 5:40:21 AM)

quote:

I have used that Explore "Very High" setting. I am not saying it does not work, but I what I am saying is that I see no difference. My Explorers (I use a crap load of them) are doing dumb stuff and hanging around other civilizations and not exploring a heck of a lot. They have tons of fuel (I fuel-up on ALL my designs), so it is not that.

I am still going to use the VERY HIGH setting, even if it does not work. But man, I see no reason why the Explorers cannot just 'EXPLORE.' I am not a programmer, but I would think you could just code the routine to tell the ships to go to areas that are still not explored.

They may be looking for Ruins. I believe the different empires can find different things in the same ruin sometimes.

soilwork595 -> RE: Exploration ships at war (12/16/2011 9:35:19 AM)

I set it to 'very high' and they still like to hang out in enemy territory. I just accepted the fact that's how it is and have to deal with it

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02