Andrew Loveridge -> New Public Beta for Legends v18.104.22.168 (12/14/2011 5:42:52 PM)
More changes and improvements are in the works for Distant Worlds Legends. There is a new Beta version in the Members Club. It has improvements for AI ship and base designs, retrofitting, default settings, user interface, and fleet behaviors, plus bug and crash fixes.
Please try it, if you are willing to work with a beta, and supply us with your feedback.
v22.214.171.124 Beta - December 14th, 2011
- Fixed occasional crash when independent space port scrapped ships.
- Fixed occasional crash when assigning pirate ship missions.
- Fixed crash when reviewing system threats.
- Fixed rare crash when invade colonies.
- Fixed rare crash when disbanding troops.
Ship and Fleet Behavior
- Military ships no longer jump out of a system to pursue escaping enemies
unless manually ordered to do so.
- Ships no longer flee from disabled threats (e.g. threat is non-functional, OR
cannot move and is out of weapons range, OR has no weapons or fighters).
- Automated military ships now better at prioritizing which mining stations to
patrol, more importance given to fuel sources.
- Manually controlled fleets now automatically refuel as needed if a refuel
location is in the same system.
- AI fleets more careful about invading colonies with adequate attacking troops.
- Changed fleet posture setting: for the AI to alter the posture of a fleet both the
following conditions must be met: Fleet Formation is automated AND the
fleet itself is automated.
- Fixed situation where gain control over an enemy fleet when you gain some of
the fleet's ships when taking over a spaceport where they are retrofitting.
- Freighters no longer attempt to dock at unfinished space ports, but instead at
- Queuing construction ships to build new mining stations and other bases using
Action buttons now works better: idle construction ships are given much
higher priority when selecting which construction ship to use.
Designs and Retrofitting
- Adjusted some default AI ship designs (e.g. mining ships): added energy
collectors, more engines.
- Ensured that AI base designs always have armor.
- Increased number of mining components on default AI mining station designs
from one to two.
- Increased number of construction yards on default space port designs by 50%
- Fixed problem where energy requirements were sometimes not being
calculated correctly for new ship and base designs.
- AI retrofits now upgrade space port sizes when appropriate (e.g. small to
medium, medium to large).
- Fixed problem where retrofitting a ship or base with damaged components
would cause components to be lost.
Victory Conditions and Game Balance
- Altered default victory conditions settings: territory, population, economy
now all 33%. Default Time To Apply = 20 years (up from 10).
- Altered default pirate proximity for new games to Average (was Nearby).
- Fixed bug for the Boskara race victory condition "Control the most
Homeworlds" (was not including defeated empires when counting
- Increased costs for some pirate offers: independent colonies now 20000 (up
from 5000), special discoveries now 30000 (up from 10000).
- Ensure player always has nearby supply of Caslon fuel at game start.
- SilverMist space creature is prioritized as bigger threat by the AI.
- Increased font size for project descriptions in Research screen.
- Improved description of Intelligence Agent traits Sober and Addict to explain
that these apply their bonuses only when the character already has the relevant
- Now refresh selected empire information in Diplomacy screen when close
General Bug Fixes
- Fixed bug where could not build bases that are over construction size limit at
- Fixed issue where some ruins could not be investigated.
- Fixed bug where destroyed planets were sometimes not properly removed
- Fixed bug where characters on ships that you take over remain in their
- Fixed bug where foreign characters (e.g. invading general of another empire)
were being assigned to the winning invading empire when the colony is taken
- Fixed rare bug where a unique asteroid field comprised of barren rock planets
- Increased damage to troops from bombardment.
- Allow placement of resort bases in the game editor at non-planet locations.
- Reduced memory consumption when have many characters, especially in
custom themes with unique character images.