Is it actually possible to capture a bridge playing AI at highest difficulty level? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> The War Room

CarolusRex -> Is it actually possible to capture a bridge playing AI at highest difficulty level? (12/2/2011 2:12:25 PM)

Is there anyone that has figured out a tactic to capture a bridge intact playing the AI at highest difficulty level?

I have tried various tactics but never succeded?

is there 100% that the bomb will work for the AI?

Steve McClaire -> RE: Is it actually possible to capture a bridge playing AI at highest difficulty level? (12/2/2011 4:59:25 PM)

It is possible, but it may be quite difficult depending on the bridge.  The AI's timer for when they can destroy the bridge is significantly shorter on higher difficulties. 

The chance the bridge will actually blow when the AI tries to destroy it is determined by the number of bridge victory locations controlled by the Germans, and is unaffected by the difficulty setting.  There are basically three ways to capture a bridge, in game terms:

1) Rush the bridge before the timer is up.

2) Capture most (or all) of the other VLs on your side of the river, then break the German's morale so you are awarded extra VL(s), and get the bridge.

3) Sneak up to the bridge VLs and take them before the Germans spot you.  Best attempted at night, but difficult even then, as most bridges are quite exposed.  Careful use of smoke or blinding the enemy with a flare may help.

CarolusRex -> RE: Is it actually possible to capture a bridge playing AI at highest difficulty level? (12/2/2011 6:18:11 PM)

OK, ill try nbr two as that the only one I havent tried multiple times. The timer can only be set to 20-25 seconds?

I just fired all smoke and then rushed vs the bridge but it blow just a few seconds later.

pretty tricky, but fun....

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI